Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Pretty much anything that doesn't involve repressurizing it and transporting it on a public road is fine by the DOT, which is the agency that regulates the transport of the cylinders.

Once it is rendered unable to hold pressure, it's just scrap steel, garbage, raw materials for making other items/art, whatever.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by NiHaoMike View Post
    Recover whatever refrigerant is left in it, then cut a hole a few inches in diameter in the top. Now you have an interesting container for all sorts of stuff. Like giving it to your children along with some junk gauge sets so they can be "the A/C guy/girl" on Halloween.
    Great idea?!

One of our techs mounted 6 or 8 of them to his snowmobile back in the 90's. he then took the snowmobile across a lake in July. Funniest thing I've ever seen.

Factory in China

I was at a factory in China and they converted an empty 404a tank into a water separator for their compressed air lines
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Cut in half, drill a few holes, use as planters. I also tried the grill mod mentioned above, but the paint burning off the first day of use was nasty. So, yes, I experimented mostly to see what was in there but now I just recover, pop the coin plug, and throw them away.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12