Fish oil benefits
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fish oil benefits

Hey
    I think that the Fish Oil is better.Fish Oil is good for
    Less Pain and Inflammation.
    Cardiovascular Health.
    Protection from Stroke and Heart Attack.
    Better Brain Function and Higher Intelligence.
    Less Depression and Psychosis…

I agree in theory - but I would not ever take fish oil. I only take a high quality cod liver oil. I think that "fish oil" is just from the fish scraps they squeeze out into the capsules so they have something to sell to the rubes.

Far north, cold water cod liver oil only for me.

PHM
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by samdani View Post
    Hey
    I think that the Fish Oil is better.Fish Oil is good for
    Less Pain and Inflammation.
    Cardiovascular Health.
    Protection from Stroke and Heart Attack.
    Better Brain Function and Higher Intelligence.
    Less Depression and Psychosis…
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Recent studies show that high levels of OMEGA-3 increase the chance of prostate cancer in males.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/marcsieg...ostate-cancer/

Like you listed, there are many benefits to the fish oils, I take it myself....just don't over do it

Also said to screw with glucose levels. Be very careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Phase Loss View Post
    Recent studies show that high levels of OMEGA-3 increase the chance of prostate cancer in males.

Like you listed, there are many benefits to the fish oils, I take it myself....just don't over do it

I think that a regular routine of frequent sexual activity more than offsets that effect.

And besides; if I find out later that it was all to no avail - at least I'll be able to smile much more while saying: oh what the hell? <g>

But now that you mention it - I'm going to go have the little woman check out my prostate right now.

PHM
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by Phase Loss View Post

PHM
    --------

Oh great swami, what is considered a regular routine?

Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    I think that a regular routine of frequent sexual activity more than offsets that effect.

And besides; if I find out later that it was all to no avail - at least I'll be able to smile much more while saying: oh what the hell? <g>

But now that you mention it - I'm going to go have the little woman check out my prostate right now.

PHM
    ------

Funny you mention that just now - I was just last night re-explaining my theory to the little woman. And we all need to get our mighty brains working on the counterpart-angle: we need to come up with some health, anti-aging, weight loss, or whatever benefit to Women. That would enable us to say: It's for your own good - and I'm willing to work with on this - but we really Do have to maintain your health sweetheart.

As to your question: every other day would work OK as an average I think. To me anyway. But that's not what I'm talking about really - I imagine that once a week might be fine too. I am more concerned with the "few times a year" comments I hear. And then too; even those may a social exaggeration. Which would make the reality more on the order of yearly, or maybe even never. And I think that is what creates negative health issues.

And don't forget - it is only my personal theory. I'm just a refrigerator repair man. And you probably know what self-serving and rapacious rascals They can be. <g>

PHM
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by lytning View Post
    Oh great swami, what is considered a regular routine?
    PHM
    --------

Oh course you remind me of a joke -

A young had been married for a year or so and had gone to see the minister who had married them in regard to some marital issues they were having. He had them come into his office separately so as to be able to get each partner's version of the situation.

The husband comes in and explains: Pastor; I don't know what to do. I expected to have sexual relations with my wife after we were married but she is completely dis-interested. It has gotten to the point that we almost never have sex. No matter what I say or do - she is unrelenting in her resistance. It terrible. We only have sex once per week.

The husband went out and his wife came in to talk: Pastor; I'm at my wits end - I just don't know what to do. I was expecting to have sexual relations with my husband after we were married but my husband is just an animal. He wants to have sex constantly - he is unrelenting and always after me to have sex - it just never ends. It's terrible.

The pastor is gently consoling and then says; I know this is a very, ahhh . . . delicate, matter - but I have to ask: just exactly what degree of frequency are we talking about here?

Oh it's Constantly; every week!
    PHM
    --------

Hi all,

Had a blockage in one of my coronary arteries cleared and a stent put in about two years ago. Went through cardiac rehab, the whole bit. They said good things about fish oil, but that was before the prostate cancer study came out. I think Phase Loss is right, take it in moderation. And just to share what I learned, I am not going to lecture anybody about eating this or not eating that. You only live once and you should enjoy yourself. (I sure did for many years -- burgers, wings, discovered browned butter sauce over spaghetti on a trip to Nashville . . . oh man, so good.) But while I won't lecture you about food, you do gotta get that exercise! Seriously dudes, even if it's just a nice fast walk for 20 minutes in the evening. Get out and get that blood pumping. Buy a treadmill and get on it while watching an inning or two of baseball, or one period of a hockey game instead of watching from the couch. You will feel good and it's good for you. Just for what it's worth so you don't end up in the cardiac unit like I did!
    Ron Rajecki
    Contracting Business magazine
    HPAC Engineering magazine

Quote Originally Posted by rrajecki View Post
    Hi all,

Had a blockage in one of my coronary arteries cleared and a stent put in about two years ago. Went through cardiac rehab, the whole bit. They said good things about fish oil, but that was before the prostate cancer study came out. I think Phase Loss is right, take it in moderation. And just to share what I learned, I am not going to lecture anybody about eating this or not eating that. You only live once and you should enjoy yourself. (I sure did for many years -- burgers, wings, discovered browned butter sauce over spaghetti on a trip to Nashville . . . oh man, so good.) But while I won't lecture you about food, you do gotta get that exercise! Seriously dudes, even if it's just a nice fast walk for 20 minutes in the evening. Get out and get that blood pumping. Buy a treadmill and get on it while watching an inning or two of baseball, or one period of a hockey game instead of watching from the couch. You will feel good and it's good for you. Just for what it's worth so you don't end up in the cardiac unit like I did!
    Browned butter sauce!? What is that? It sounds yummy!
    Remember, Air Conditioning begins with AIR.

3 cans of sardines a week and your set. No need to take pills or choke down spoonfuls of oil.
    The only true knowledge is the pursuit of knowledge

Right......Just choke down the sardines.........
    Quote Originally Posted by 5thRoot View Post
    3 cans of sardines a week and your set. No need to take pills or choke down spoonfuls of oil.

crown prince boneless skinless sardines in olive oil. Eat on crackers or with white rice. You can make them into a salad just like tuna salad. The bone in sardines can be pretty unappeling but if you like tuna then you should really give sardines a chance. They also make a great quick lunch. One can of sardines and some club crackers, add in a stiff cup of black coffee and you have a good lunch that is also good for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast