Mach-Prosys - Reliable Controls
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mach-Prosys - Reliable Controls

I've tried everything (except what I have obviously forgotten) to connect to a Mach-prosys 7.45 via ETHERNET to Windows 7 Pro Laptop.

Serial connection without a problem and all toolkit OS send setting seem OK?

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

What software are you using and does it support BACnet/Ethernet?

kontrol out
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Open protocols? You can't handle open protocols!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

RCStudio 2.0 and yes support BACNET/Ethernet. I've configured the ethernet port for BacNet, entered my laptop IP in the IP tables, etc. Still can't connect.

Unlike the trouble free Canadian alternative called Delta Controls, which rarely causes my head to hurt.

RC-Studio does not support BACnet/Ethernet.

Maybe you should learn a little about your new girlfriend before you start crying for your past love.

kontrol out
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

RC Studio doesn't support BacNet? Maybe you should tell the manufacturer that.

http://www.reliablecontrols.com/products/software/RCST/

If you don't have a recommendation it isn't necessary to erroneously and ambiguously respond to every query in this forum.

Per the PICS found here, the only data link that RC-Studio supports is BACnet(learn it, love it, live it)/IP.

Stay classy Loose Cranks.

kontrol out

So basically, you don't know the answer to my question.

Yep, me dumb*ss - you genius. Work it out.

Okay you win. You need to have a BACnet/IP enabled controller so that you can enter it's IP address in the System List in RC-Studio.
    Once you are connected to a BACnet/IP controller and it also has BACnet/IP enabled it will route BACnet packets to RC-Studio via the BACnet/IP connection. Certain software (such as your aforementioned Delta) does support BACnet/Ethernet as a data layer and therefore can connecto to BACnet/Ethernet enabled controllers on the same Ethernet network segment.

kontrol out
    Last edited by kontrolphreak; 07-23-2013 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kontrolphreak View Post
    Once you are connected to a BACnet/IP controller and it also has BACnet/IP enabled it will route BACnet packets to RC-Studio via the BACnet/IP connection.
    Should have been:

Once you are connected to a BACnet/IP controller and it also has BACnet/Ethernet enabled it will route BACnet/Ethernet packets to RC-Studio via the BACnet/IP connection.

kontrol out

Quote Originally Posted by kontrolphreak View Post
    Should have been:

Once you are connected to a BACnet/IP controller and it also has BACnet/Ethernet enabled it will route BACnet/Ethernet packets to RC-Studio via the BACnet/IP connection.

kontrol out
    I'm certain I've gone over this, I'll start over, obviously I am doing something wrong. I've successfully achieved what I am looking to accomplish in the past.

I worked for a controls dealer a few years ago (Reliable and Delta) but currently work for an institution that does not receive proprietary information or receives tech support. On top of that, absolutely non of my colleagues know the difference between BacNet and a Vollyball Net.

I'll get back to this problem, probably not for a week or more and report back to the forum on this thread.

Thanks for your input, Kontrol Dude.

might try this

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Cranks View Post
    I'm certain I've gone over this, I'll start over, obviously I am doing something wrong. I've successfully achieved what I am looking to accomplish in the past.

I worked for a controls dealer a few years ago (Reliable and Delta) but currently work for an institution that does not receive proprietary information or receives tech support. On top of that, absolutely non of my colleagues know the difference between BacNet and a Vollyball Net.

I'll get back to this problem, probably not for a week or more and report back to the forum on this thread.

Thanks for your input, Kontrol Dude.
    If you have toolkit, check the ip settings on the mps. If its not configured with a default gateway you need to set your computer to a static ip on the same subnet. If it is, then plug into the switch and do an ipconfig and make sure you're getting assigned an ip thats can talk to it. Also the system list gets the ip of the mps not your computer.

Kontrol is 100% correct !

READ more before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Cranks View Post
    RC Studio doesn't support BacNet? Maybe you should tell the manufacturer that.

http://www.reliablecontrols.com/products/software/RCST/

If you don't have a recommendation it isn't necessary to erroneously and ambiguously respond to every query in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by bdivell View Post
    Kontrol is 100% correct !

READ more before you post.
    Regardless, try not to be an *******, OK?? You've contributed zero.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast