Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wi freezer taking time to drop

R-404 running 14 and 220 with 80 deg ambient superheat 10 deg at bulb, 45 at compressor, adj txv and cleaned very dirty screen previously
    Suction line temp at bulb is -13 deg
    It's not dropping down to zero very fast, the back of the coil freezes up, going to let it run, why is my comp superheat so high, the txv is touchy, thought maybe it wasn't working and Thani removed the plugged screen and cleaned, it worked better but still don't know
    Evap split is 10 deg as welll

Does the powerhead have a ZP stamped on it?
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

freezing

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    Did not check, the suction line temp is -13, the box did not drop in 3 hrs, the suction line temp is way too low for the temp in the box.

bulb has ice on it as well, superheat at compressor is 16 deg

hello i see this was from yesterday just checking to see if this issue was taken care of or if your still in need of help

Quote Originally Posted by Armon905 View Post
    hello i see this was from yesterday just checking to see if this issue was taken care of or if your still in need of help
    It still will not get to zero, have to go back tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by zuke19 View Post
    Did not check, the suction line temp is -13, the box did not drop in 3 hrs, the suction line temp is way too low for the temp in the box.

bulb has ice on it as well, superheat at compressor is 16 deg
    I will have to check power head, I am going to change drier and txv, unless there are any other ideas out there

What is zp mean

superheat at compressor is 16 deg
    Not good for that compressor. Manufactures want 20* min.

What is zp mean
    Pressure regulating.

A ZP powerhead is a necessary evil on low temp units with short linesets. The box takes forever to recover. Is the box located inside or outside the building? If outside, What's the ambient? Did you check for air infiltration? Did you do a pumpdown test? Is there adequate airflow around the coil?
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

update

A ZP powerhead is a necessary evil on low temp units with short linesets. The box takes forever to recover. Is the box located inside or outside the building? If outside, What's the ambient? Did you check for air infiltration? Did you do a pumpdown test? Is there adequate airflow around the coil?
    It had been working great, the unit sits on top the cooler in a warehouse with the air being drawn from an outside window, it got 95 deg and they have no ventilation, ac in the back of the building and was hot, humid for over a week, than the freezer couldn't get to temp at all, it has since cooled down and i pumped it down, cleaned the txv screen which was black, flushed the screen with solvent and blew nitrogen thru liquid line to the disconnected txv, the airflow around the coil has plenty, just can't figure why the suction line is so cold now, got to believe the txv is not operating properly or has some gunk inside it messing it up. Is there anything I am missing!

It is rare, but something that has kicked my but a few times is a leak in the liquid to suction heat exchanger. I'm not sure I understand all of your symptoms. Could you re list them? Is your superheat at the comp 16 or 45? What is the box temp? If you could list all of the paramaters again, I would love to help.

Thanks
    Mikd

I now have 13 psi at compressor, box temp is 15 deg, ice all the way back to compressor, half compressor iced up, evap iced over, just put it in defrost to melt off

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast