water tank level indicator

i am a hvac installer / get it fixed guy. At my own house i dont have a well. I have two under ground water tanks. Is there any type of water level indicator i can install to show what level water is at.. i have been looking around but havent found any.. If you have a link or so leabe a hyperlink..

thanks

ryan

Use a water meter, you can monitor by the gallon. You could also use a water level. http://www.factsfacts.com/MyHomeRepair/WaterLevel.htm
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

I don't know if it will work for you, but you might consider using a gauge like the kind in fuel oil tanks that has a float on it.
    Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.

Water, or liquid levels can be monitored electrically with either floats or contact probes.

A good pump supply house should be able to set you up with controls and a monitor panel

I too used to have a cistern. I had an access panel that I could remove and check the level w/ a rope and a weight. That being said, I have installed ultrasonic level sensors on cooling tower sumps. The brand that we use is Flowline. We have mainly used their DL-10's. It's pretty cool, you set it up with a USB key and their software. I'm sure they would have something that could help you, but it maybe fairly expensive.
    Still learning....