Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2004

    water tank level indicator

    i am a hvac installer / get it fixed guy. At my own house i dont have a well. I have two under ground water tanks. Is there any type of water level indicator i can install to show what level water is at.. i have been looking around but havent found any.. If you have a link or so leabe a hyperlink..



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Grottoes VA
    Use a water meter, you can monitor by the gallon. You could also use a water level.
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I don't know if it will work for you, but you might consider using a gauge like the kind in fuel oil tanks that has a float on it.
    Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Water, or liquid levels can be monitored electrically with either floats or contact probes.

    A good pump supply house should be able to set you up with controls and a monitor panel

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    I too used to have a cistern. I had an access panel that I could remove and check the level w/ a rope and a weight. That being said, I have installed ultrasonic level sensors on cooling tower sumps. The brand that we use is Flowline. We have mainly used their DL-10's. It's pretty cool, you set it up with a USB key and their software. I'm sure they would have something that could help you, but it maybe fairly expensive.
    Still learning....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event