Thread: IS it me?

IS it me?

Ok so I got called out for a low temp walk in not keeping temp. I had 15 psi suction with like a 75-80* suction.. So the condensor model is not really legible anymore but this is the compressor

https://opi.emersonclimate.com/was.e...web/OPIServlet

Now the Tev Is a GFE 1 1/2-ZP (r-12)

So off the Copeland specs it should be 502 for low temp right? THen whats up with this valve?

I have no idea what refrigerant is in this system or if it has been converted over in the past so I guess I need to decide what to convert to and start there..

Just wondering about that TEV and Compressor
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

The r-12 zp head on the txv will not allow your suction pressure to go above its mop of 12 lbs. if it it a r-502 compressor i would remove the charge and discard it, replace the valve with a properly sized r-502 valve and recharge with replacement refrigerant made for to operate in place of 502 and see what happeneds.

That brings up a weird point. At first I was running around 15psi. Then at the end of the day That suction was up in the mid 20's

Looking at that compressor its clear this should be working with 502.. I guess someone mixed something up along the way. Just wanted to make sure.

What Refrigerant are we using now for low temp replacements? Still 408A?

I dont do enough of this low temp stuff to remember it all..
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

If the compressor has POE oil or can be changed to POE oil I would use R-404A.