BACnet router reset

Im using this BACnet router http://www.ccontrols.com/basautomation/basrouter.htm with BBMD to connect two buildings together all tying back to an FX20. Whenever I have to reboot the station, the router goes offline. In order to reset it I have to go to the building and log into the router with the web browser. Once in the browser all I do is click the save changes button and it starts talking to the FX20 again. What I would like to do is reset the router remotely. Does anyone know of a way to do this with out being connected to the same subnet as the router?

Typically you have to configure the router to allow remote connections(ones from outside the subset connected). Its a security setting.

From all the documentation it doesn't look like its remote reset capable.
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

What about a remote web option?

Quote Originally Posted by BASMagicMan View Post
    What about a remote web option?
    That looks like its the best option. I was hoping for something that could be mapped into the FX20 like a ping option or something.

When the router goes off line, does the router still appear in the router table?

I'm not 100% sure but I think it does

Depending on the Firmware version in that router, it may be susceptible to BACnet "storms" ..... this can be caused by either poor BACnet comms, or incorrect BBMD settings. I've caused both problems, and this particular router is especially sensitive to it.

One of our techs has gone so far as to connecting the Voltage Supply to the Contemporary Controls router to a Binary Output, that he scheduled to toggle once a month!

Contemporary Controls has identified this problem and fixed it with a firmware upgrade;

www.ccontrols.com/support/basrouter.htm

Now, if we could just them to pay for us to go out to all of our MS/TP trunks and upgrade the firmware!

I just found this today, and I haven't had a chance to perform the upgrade yet, so now feedback on that.

Good luck .........

I feel your pain Cleverusername.

We have 50 of these spread around a campus that have been locking up regularly. Now we need to upgrade the firmware again. Hopefully this fixes it.