Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by humbled daily View Post
    when asked for passwork type in.....july 2006 (all small caps and do not forgrt the space before 2006.
    Huh???

Just pickin' at ya'......

Thanks everybody for the help looks like after fooling with this thing all day long I was able to convince the owner that adding 2 more modules to the Arctic chill 80 ton chiller that is their backup would suit this application a whole lot better potentially even selling this yr chiller to another college that has a big chiller plant.

Klove . Curiuos about your field modification of level control system.Like I've stated I have had York themselves out on a few YR issues mainly dealing with erratic level control.Never seem to totally solve problem.They run great for 3 weeks then out of range levels,low dicharge sh.Looking for a permanent solution short of a new machine.
    cant make this crap up

That's the only solution we come up with on this particular unit because it's just so grossly over sized there's just no real way to control it through all the temperature ranges where we have it setup now is anything below 85 degrees outside we switch to an 80 ton chiller it's a shame that engineers can oversized things so badly and not be held responsible for that. But it is what it is and the service person is the one stuck with a problem

One thing I think should be pointed out is software revision levels. The last software revision (flash card) for the 1730 board was C.MLM.05.07.105 (May 2007). If you have the 031-01730-xxx microboard, I would highly recommend upgrading to the latest revision. The enhancements that were added over the years helped with some of the problems you are experiencing.

Thanks I was thinking about that also I just verified it still the old programming no new revisions have been installed

Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    Klove . Curiuos about your field modification of level control system.Like I've stated I have had York themselves out on a few YR issues mainly dealing with erratic level control.Never seem to totally solve problem.They run great for 3 weeks then out of range levels,low dicharge sh.Looking for a permanent solution short of a new machine.
    If you're not in the same boat as csi-tech (grossly oversized), the first thing I'd do is make sure all of the software mods were installed and working. If you're still experiencing problems, then you have to look at what the operating conditions are when it's running correctly vs. when it's getting flaky, i.e.; is something happening to make it go there? Not having mist eliminators in the evaporators amplifies small charge issues, also. Past that, I'm not going to get into the modifications on an open internet forum. Lets just say that the liquid level control valve design and sizing leaves a bit to be desired. The fact that the level control probe is essentially 3"-4" long due to its installation doesn't help matters, either.

If your problems are cropping up and going away, you probably want to look at system operation as a first course of action. The main thing is, make sure it's the level control creating your problems. Most of the time, it's just doing what it's being told to do, and something else is creating the conditions under which it can't operate correctly. I'll be the first to say that I don't like the design of the level control system or the way it's controlled, but if it didn't work reasonably, it wouldn't be in use at all. Don't fix a problem that ain't there....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12