Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 37
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The Hot South
    Posts
    1,368
    Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    Why not just help the guy if you can? what kind of issues can/cant be discussed here?
    This has already been explained to you a half dozen times. I'm not going to go into it again.

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The Hot South
    Posts
    1,368
    Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    Dangerous topic? you are delusional! I been in the trade for over 20 years,haven't done a whole lot with chillers but as you know well a chiller is not more dangerous than a residential furnace, I actually think the furnace may pose a bigger danger, the more I work on chiller the more I realize that there is nothing to it.
    I cant help him cause I don't have the answer to his questions, definitely not afraid to help others, after all that was what this forum was all about.
    This statement shows you are delusional! In one breath you say you don't know much about chillers and in the next breath you say it's not dangerous, then in the next breath you say there is nothing to them. As far as being no more dangerous than a furnace, that's debatable but I also won't post any info on a furnace that I feel is dangerous in an open forum for the same reason!!!! I also bet you don't know much about AFD's in chillers but there is about 700 volts on the DC buss with a s*@tload of capacitors in the bank. The control board costs $XX,XXX.XX and can be taken out as easily as a static charge from your hand. I cant think of any parts in that drive that cost less than $X,XXX.XX either. The arc flash potential in an AFD is enough to melt the skin off your face and if your lucky, you won't survive it. Even if the OP is experienced and properly trained on a CentraVac with a drive, I wouldn't post any info I feel is dangerous in an open forum because everyone else in the world can see it also and can be seriously hurt. But again, this has been explained to you multiple times and you still don't get it.
    Last edited by R123; 07-20-2013 at 11:13 PM.

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    8
    Muphman chiller was running fine from the start of spring last Sunday the chiller shutdown on AFDE over temp. The refrigerant pump to the starter and the motor has no delta p so charge was pulled and the front for the pump was look at and it look brand new. So new gaskets and put gas back into chiller. Still the same problem. Trane said the chiller will need new software. Who did this chiller run for the first 10 years with out the new software?

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    up in the hizzy
    Posts
    1,432
    Quote Originally Posted by R123 View Post
    This statement shows you are delusional! In one breath you say you don't know much about chillers and in the next breath you say it's not dangerous, then in the next breath you say there is nothing to them. As far as being no more dangerous than a furnace, that's debatable but I also won't post any info on a furnace that I feel is dangerous in an open forum for the same reason!!!! I also bet you don't know much about AFD's in chillers but there is about 700 volts on the DC buss with a s*@tload of capacitors in the bank. The control board costs $XX,XXX.XX and can be taken out as easily as a static charge from your hand. I cant think of any parts in that drive that cost less than $X,XXX.XX either. The arc flash potential in an AFD is enough to melt the skin off your face and if your lucky, you won't survive it. Even if the OP is experienced and properly trained on a CentraVac with a drive, I wouldn't post any info I feel is dangerous in an open forum because everyone else in the world can see it also and can be seriously hurt. But again, this has been explained to you multiple times and you still don't get it.
    You forgot to mention the dangers of being stroke by lightning on the way to a service call. I guess after 15 post and a "pro member" title all the dangers magically disappear, the once unqualified "regular guess" becomes expert and then and only then the super secret, highly guarded information become available, now it all makes sense!

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mixing oil and fire with a big spoon.
    Posts
    4,524
    Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    You forgot to mention the dangers of being stroke by lightning on the way to a service call. I guess after 15 post and a "pro member" title all the dangers magically disappear, the once unqualified "regular guess" becomes expert and then and only then the super secret, highly guarded information become available, now it all makes sense!
    and look at all of those teenage drivers out there who are 15 years, 364 days old and they are not allowed to drive. they fall asleep and 'magically' are allowed to drive unaccompanied when they wake up. as a society, we have to set limits and since we are not their friends and family, we have set an arbitrary 'passing point'. pass the test after 16 years and you can drive, yet we all know that most of the teen drivers are idiots and shouldn't be allowed to drive yet.

    around here, we also need a 'passing point'. after 15 posts, the moderators can usually determine if a particular person is really in this industry or not. the 15 posts also prevents people who aren't in this industry from gaining steps and procedures that may seem to apply to their situation or machine but really don't apply to their situation or machine. the dangers don't magically disappear, however, if you are really in this industry, hopefully, you have been trained enough to know the differences in terminology and safety. sure, there are people on this site who shouldn't have access to this information either and they are 'pro status'. but it has been determined that they are at least in this industry and should understand the safety aspect of what we do.

    look at me...i am like R123 and explaining it again too.

    if you have a better way of determining who is safe, then step up and enlighten us.

    better yet, how about we close all of the open forums, require a written, 8 hour, moderated test to be taken at Newton, PA (the closest site to you)...and we will start with you. if you don't get a 100% passing grade, then it means that you aren't good enough be to here....sound good?

    once again, i apologize to Dad.
    "If you pull one more stunt like you just pulled with Tommy, you won't have to get on a plane because I will personally kick your ass from here to Korea!" - Best of the Best

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The Hot South
    Posts
    1,368
    Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    You forgot to mention the dangers of being stroke by lightning on the way to a service call. I guess after 15 post and a "pro member" title all the dangers magically disappear, the once unqualified "regular guess" becomes expert and then and only then the super secret, highly guarded information become available, now it all makes sense!
    Jay was right, you're a slow learner.

    1) Everyone in the world has access to the open areas, not just you and the OP. Even if I personally know the person wanting info and I know they're qualified, that doesn't stop someone else from having access to it.

    2) I don't know the OP or YOU. When a member reaches pro status, at least we know the member has been vetted and is a professional. For all I know, the reason you don't have pro status is because you're not a pro and don't meet the qualifications.

    3) This is our our livlyhood and how we feed our families. Maybe some people don't want to post anything and everything on the internet for the WHOLE WORLD to see.

    4) It's my decision what info and where I post NOT YOURS!

    End of discussion.

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    up in the hizzy
    Posts
    1,432
    Quote Originally Posted by R123 View Post
    Jay was right, you're a slow learner.

    1) Everyone in the world has access to the open areas, not just you and the OP. Even if I personally know the person wanting info and I know they're qualified, that doesn't stop someone else from having access to it.

    2) I don't know the OP or YOU. When a member reaches pro status, at least we know the member has been vetted and is a professional. For all I know, the reason you don't have pro status is because you're not a pro and don't meet the qualifications.

    3) This is our our livlyhood and how we feed our families. Maybe some people don't want to post anything and everything on the internet for the WHOLE WORLD to see.

    4) It's my decision what info and where I post NOT YOURS!

    End of discussion.
    You and your buddy are making new site rules as you go and you two are nobody's as far as I know. I'm happy with my "regular guess" status and dont need anything more than that.is up to you to help somebody or not,I'm sick and tired of drama queens belittling fellow techs when they stroll into this site looking for help,instead of giving the guy a pile of crap, If you dont want to help then dont post a thing.

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The Hot South
    Posts
    1,368
    Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    You and your buddy are making new site rules as you go and you two are nobody's as far as I know. I'm happy with my "regular guess" status and dont need anything more than that.is up to you to help somebody or not,I'm sick and tired of drama queens belittling fellow techs when they stroll into this site looking for help,instead of giving the guy a pile of crap, If you dont want to help then dont post a thing.
    We're not making up any rules. We are just deciding what info we want to post and where. It looks like your making rules when you say "don't post if you don't want to help". I'm sick and tired of you strolling into threads constantly telling people to post on the open areas. Your the one constantly starting this drama! I didn't belittle the OP and neither did Jay or New York. We all just simply said that this should be discussed in the pro area. We are saying "We would love to help you but let's talk about it in the pro chiller forum, you have the minimum posts now". We do want to help as we have helped many other people over the years. If you don't want to get pro status that's your business but don't b*%ch at us if you don't have access to it.

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mixing oil and fire with a big spoon.
    Posts
    4,524
    Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    ...I'm sick and tired of drama queens belittling fellow techs when they stroll into this site looking for help...
    to be honest, i was only belittling you. fyi, i am a drama KING.
    "If you pull one more stunt like you just pulled with Tommy, you won't have to get on a plane because I will personally kick your ass from here to Korea!" - Best of the Best

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    up in the hizzy
    Posts
    1,432
    Quote Originally Posted by jayguy View Post
    to be honest, i was only belittling you. fyi, i am a drama KING.
    I dont mind you or take your drama seriously! you are the class clown,a must have for every site, yet as relevant as a 0 to the left.

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    up in the hizzy
    Posts
    1,432
    Back when I became a member (way before you two) there was no "I'm better than you" classifications and the site was a big happy place.

  12. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The Hot South
    Posts
    1,368
    Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    Back when I became a member (way before you two) there was no "I'm better than you" classifications and the site was a big happy place.
    Can you explain the "I'm better than you" classifications?

    Also, you weren't a member before me. My original membership started in 2003.
    Last edited by R123; 07-21-2013 at 03:26 PM.

  13. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    ottawa canada
    Posts
    2,110
    Searched high and low and cant find the smiley for " this thread is out of control " :grin2::cheers:
    The toy chest is officially full ... I got a new toy..... 2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage
    You bend em" I"ll mend em" !!!!!!!
    I"m not a service tech.. I"m a thermodynamic transfer analyst & strategic system sustainability specialist
    Best Austin Healey In Show twice in 2013 .....All those hrs paid off .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event