Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cvhf drive problem

Working on cvhf570 and have orange light blinking on D4( active rect. status) in drive. Drive is a frame 3, refrigerant cooled. Have had problem with drive going into over temp. Refrig pump was running , no delta P. Have removed charge and 200 pounds short. First time at site. Any input appreciated.

Murphman, you need to get a few more posts and apply for Pro status. This type of problem shouldn't be hashed out in an open forum.

Trying to get there. Still need some help. Guess this will be post #15.

Quote Originally Posted by murphman View Post
    Working on cvhf570 and have orange light blinking on D4( active rect. status) in drive. Drive is a frame 3, refrigerant cooled. Have had problem with drive going into over temp. Refrig pump was running , no delta P. Have removed charge and 200 pounds short. First time at site. Any input appreciated.
    check your condenser water flow and tower control, operation. what are your water temps? also check the afd fans any dirt, dust build up on drive. is it in a dirty environment?

first check the following,

Measure refrigerant pump discharge pressure and
    compare to the condenser pressure. It should be 10-
    15 psid.
    Measure drive coolant line delta-T.
    Operate the condenser at or below design
    temperature. Elevated tower water temperatures
    will raise drive temperatures

Ad New York said, this is an issue that should discussed in the pro section. You have the required posts now.

Quote Originally Posted by R123 View Post
    Ad New York said, this is an issue that should discussed in the pro section. You have the required posts now.
    Why not just help the guy if you can? what kind of issues can/cant be discussed here?

Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    Why not just help the guy if you can? what kind of issues can/cant be discussed here?
    you seem to be a slow learner on this 'open forum/dangerous topic' issue. Why don't you help him?

The muphman should get the cheap ass contractor that he work for to send him to trane school.

Quote Originally Posted by jayguy View Post
    you seem to be a slow learner on this 'open forum/dangerous topic' issue. Why don't you help him?
    Dangerous topic? you are delusional! I been in the trade for over 20 years,haven't done a whole lot with chillers but as you know well a chiller is not more dangerous than a residential furnace, I actually think the furnace may pose a bigger danger, the more I work on chiller the more I realize that there is nothing to it.
    I cant help him cause I don't have the answer to his questions, definitely not afraid to help others, after all that was what this forum was all about.

Hey muphman I hope I can get the pro levle soon so you can get the help you need. Only 13 more post to go I hope your chiller can sit till then.

found the manual, hope it helps.
    Attached Files Attached Files

murphman in order to help you more i need more info(what other diagnostic codes is the vfd giving you,we are here to help)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast