Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    I have never had the chance to try the H10, I know a lot of guys swear by them. Until my Fieldpiece disappoints me I probably won't drop the money for one.

I use the YJ accuprobe and LOVE it. I had one leak I could not find, really small, it would vaccine right down to 700 microns and only rise really slowly. I finally got fed up, charged the unit, (unit was empty on arrival) waived the sniffer over it and it zeroed right in on the leak. Pulled charge back out, fixed, no more problems. It was a 410 unit.

YJ and ZX-1 are supposed to be good for 410. I have actually had very good luck with my H10 and 410. I have picked up very small leaks with it.

Someone really needs to do a head to head test and put this subject to rest. I would donate my SLR2, but you can't have my H10!

Is there anyone on this forum that wants to undertake this little task?
    In 1959, Cuba wanted "CHANGE" too.

x 2 on Fieldpiece. Nice kit. Keep it clean. Understand how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by KeyResults View Post
    x 2 on Fieldpiece. Nice kit. Keep it clean. Understand how it works.
    I should have my SRL2 back next week and I'm looking forward to putting it head to head against my H10. BTW, I think my H10 is an over achiever when it comes to 410 because others seam to not have luck with theirs.

One tip I got from Bacharach is put it on "small" and turn up the heater adjustment 1/8 of a turn. Make sure to turn it back when you are done because it will shorten the sensor life. I haven't had to turn up the heater on mine, though. It really does well with 410

One test is not a good way to test a I/R
    IMO some times they work good some times they don't work for ****
    I believe it has something to do with ambient air samples it is taking and other gasses similar to refrigerant throwing off the sensitivity.

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    One test is not a good way to test a I/R
    IMO some times they work good some times they don't work for ****
    I believe it has something to do with ambient air samples it is taking and other gasses similar to refrigerant throwing off the sensitivity.
    I have had a ton of success with my YJ, it has found many small leaks, this one was just the most memorable, as it was such a tiny leak

Quote Originally Posted by LKJoel View Post
    I have had a ton of success with my YJ, it has found many small leaks, this one was just the most memorable, as it was such a tiny leak
    YJ is a heated type sensor like the H10 not I/R like the Fieldpiece or D-Select
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    YJ is a heated type sensor like the H10 not I/R like the Fieldpiece or D-Select
    Which one do you have?

http://www.tif.com/products/refriger...ector_TIFXP-1A

TIFXP-1A

I bought this when I came out of school for no reason other than I needed a sniffer, and the specs looked good in the J-mart catalog.

I've had good success with 22, 410a, 134a, 404, MP39, 409a, etc...

The tips are replaceable.

It took a slug of water once when a wet evaporator dripped right down its throat, but after an hour on the dash board with the heat on it came back.

It's cheezy looking, purple, and loud (I put a piece of tape over the speaker), but it works very well.

It runs on C batteries, so no waiting for a recharge.

No calibration, warm up time, etc. Just turn it on and go.

It does go off when it smells big blue, so sniff first. The pink stuff doesn't seem to affect it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Which one do you have?
    I/R?
    Had an original select
    Have a SLR2
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

I've never tried the select, but have not had the issues you speak of with the FP

so it seems the great debate is down to the yj accuprobe, fieldpiece srl2k7 and as always the h10. Who has used the fieldpiece I/r against the fieldpiece heated pentode. im curious as to which one performs better for 410a. I would favor to buy fieldpiece just out of customer service and I have really never been disappointed with a fp product
    "only 2 tools any man needs is wd40 and duct tape. if it moves and it shouldn't use the duct tape. if it doesn't move and should, use the wd40" -unknown

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast