Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Hybrid View

Reliable 410a leak detector????if it even exist??

Has anyone had any consistent or mostly consistent luck with finding 410a leaks with a hand held leak detector other than the trusty big blue. 3 times in the past 2 weeks my infijunk has failed me and putting me in the crosshairs of my boss. went on a call and a system was 3 lbs low couldn't get a single beep out the thing. boss goes out the next week(this week) finds leaking evap in 5 minutes he added 4lbs so it was a good leak just not enough to hear I guess. 2 days ago had the same thing happen except it was liquid line solenoid leaking. He is using the yellow jacket accuprobe and I used it in the past when it was a shop tool and had no luck at all with 22 or 410. Ive heard good things about the h-10s I just don't really favor the bulkiness. I have a previous co-worker who had very good luck with a tif zx-1 however they only make the zx model now( the same?). I plan to keep my infijunk for r22 because it has never let me down with r22 however 410a is just inconsistent. Anyone having any luck with any available model replies are much appreciated!
    "only 2 tools any man needs is wd40 and duct tape. if it moves and it shouldn't use the duct tape. if it doesn't move and should, use the wd40" -unknown

Quote Originally Posted by SCtech33 View Post
    Has anyone had any consistent or mostly consistent luck with finding 410a leaks with a hand held leak detector other than the trusty big blue. 3 times in the past 2 weeks my infijunk has failed me and putting me in the crosshairs of my boss. went on a call and a system was 3 lbs low couldn't get a single beep out the thing. boss goes out the next week(this week) finds leaking evap in 5 minutes he added 4lbs so it was a good leak just not enough to hear I guess. 2 days ago had the same thing happen except it was liquid line solenoid leaking. He is using the yellow jacket accuprobe and I used it in the past when it was a shop tool and had no luck at all with 22 or 410. Ive heard good things about the h-10s I just don't really favor the bulkiness. I have a previous co-worker who had very good luck with a tif zx-1 however they only make the zx model now( the same?). I plan to keep my infijunk for r22 because it has never let me down with r22 however 410a is just inconsistent. Anyone having any luck with any available model replies are much appreciated!
    when was the last time you changed your sensor?

the day after the first incident I picked one up from our supplier and as you can tell no better.(fresh batteries as well)
    "only 2 tools any man needs is wd40 and duct tape. if it moves and it shouldn't use the duct tape. if it doesn't move and should, use the wd40" -unknown

I use an H-10PM. It is reliable, but clunky.
    Perspicacity

I have not found the leak I cant find with my ZX-1 I use the h10 for 22 and the infijunk as door stopper.

I don't know why nobody likes the inficon. Mine has served me very well. Not very good for 410, but neither is my h10. We just charge a little more for 410 leak searches to cover pumping system down and adding 22 and nitro.

Don't know if I wanted my 410 system added with 22 and nitro for a leak search pulling vacuum after that / but replacing parts down road GARUNTEED

Quote Originally Posted by Bbfantech View Post
    Don't know if I wanted my 410 system added with 22 and nitro for a leak search pulling vacuum after that / but replacing parts down road GARUNTEED
    How is it guaranteed?
    Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.

Which Inficon do you have?

I have had very good luck with my fieldpiece srlk2 this summer, have found several 410a leaks.

Quote Originally Posted by chewbacca View Post
    I don't know why nobody likes the inficon. Mine has served me very well. Not very good for 410, but neither is my h10. We just charge a little more for 410 leak searches to cover pumping system down and adding 22 and nitro.
    I had 3 Inficons. One of the older units with the sensor in the tip of the probe. This worked very well. Got (really)wet, never worked again. Then I got a newer one, never picked up anything, I mean this thing barely worked. Got the runaround at United Refrigeration. Paid for a second sensor in a brand new leak detractor. Seemed to work a little better in my head, but that's just what I wanted to believe. It didn't work for ****. United replaced it with a new one. Still poor performance. Put it back in the truck for the last 2 years it hasn't been back out.

H-10PM ever since.
    Perspicacity

Quote Originally Posted by hvacrmedic View Post
    Which Inficon do you have?
    Dtek select

Quote Originally Posted by chewbacca View Post
    Dtek select
    I can only assume that all Dtek Selects aren't created equal. Mine works just fine. It's actually the best electronic detector that I've ever used for R410a. In fact none of the others that I tried picked up R410a worth a damn. The Tek-mate is great for R22, but it's completely worthless for R410a, which is why I asked which one you had.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast