Post Likes

New combustion analyzer time

Shop is looking to buy some new analyzers and looking for some input. Been real happy with my testing 320 but was wondering if there's anything new that's better. Removable probe and field replaceable sensors are a must have.

Post Likes
    Bacharach insight plus long life=best tech affordable CA on the market, IMO.

Post Likes
    i have 3 combustion analyzers ....2 Bacharach insight plus's....and one UEI.....i prefer the bacharachs....youtube truetechtools.com....jim bergman has really good videos on the insight.... i would buy the Bacharach.....i have both of them for about 3 years and just replaced the o2 sensor....i believe its a "long life " sensor....get the package with the printer....you can upload your companies logo...print out the readings and give it to the customer....makes you that much better than your competitors

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    If you have a need for NOx readings - get a Bacharach PCA3 - little more money, but a great tool.
    The other brand I have been very happy with is E-instruments - They have a lower cost model that is NOx upgradeable - The BTU-900 - can get it with NOx upgrade for about 2 g the Bacharach PCA3 would be double that

If NOx is not needed - then the Bacharach Insight (may be the Intech now) has been very good to me and the sensors are field installable and pre-calibrated ready to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Personally I would not buy a Testo CA - my buddy had to send his in 3 times last season for pump failures - I think it was the 330 model - the one that can have a NOx sensor-

Post Likes
    Testo sucks IMO. The 510 and 605-h2 are the only fairly good tools they have and those even have minor shortcomings.

Post Likes
    My 549 and 550's are still working, but its only been a few weeks - if they break on me, Oh well. They were inexpensive - but the Testo CA my buddy sent in 3 times - that was almost 5 g - I would expect better quality at that price.

Post Likes
    I've been using a testo 320 for two years now and have no issues so far. Before that we were using an Enerac 500 which took longer to set up, the only thing i miss would be the ability to take a draft reading and combustion test at the same time.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    Bacharach insight plus long life=best tech affordable CA on the market, IMO.
    This is what I have, but somehow didn't register the long life sensor so it cut me down a year with an annoying reminder.
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein