Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast
    Post Likes

is it worth a switch to the bluetooth/wifi testing?

Its hard to follow the I connect thread and judging a lot of the Testo, mantooth and OTHER bluetooth offerings they may or may not be worth it depending on hat you do..

whos using them full time and which ones and is it really worth the upgrade or move from traditional digi manifolds?

id lie to know about all of the techs using ALL THE OPTIONS so no bashing just deciding soon on making a chnage as my gauges are getting old and i may need a new set but instead maybe a Bluetooth enable wireless set-up maybe in my future..

Go Pros and cons of each..

Post Likes
    The iConnect is in a whole different league than anything else on the market at the moment.

Is it a necessity? of course not.

Does it make it easy to get all the measurements, put it all into a nice professional format that really impressed everyone that sees it? Absolutely

I'd argue it has exponentially made me a better tech and makes psychometrics fun again like Bryce Harper is doing with baseball.

3. Likes kdean1, ACFIXR liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by acguytx View Post
    Its hard to follow the I connect thread and judging a lot of the Testo, mantooth and OTHER bluetooth offerings they may or may not be worth it depending on hat you do..

whos using them full time and which ones and is it really worth the upgrade or move from traditional digi manifolds?

id lie to know about all of the techs using ALL THE OPTIONS so no bashing just deciding soon on making a chnage as my gauges are getting old and i may need a new set but instead maybe a Bluetooth enable wireless set-up maybe in my future..

Go Pros and cons of each..
    I'm in the same boat you are. I need new gauges and was looking at all my options. Right now the iconnect is just way out of my price range. I'm considering the Digicool AK900 and some Testo wireless probes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes mglisson liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 270wsm View Post
    I'm in the same boat you are. I need new gauges and was looking at all my options. Right now the iconnect is just way out of my price range. I'm considering the Digicool AK900 and some Testo wireless probes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's a good choice, the DC ak900. Don't know about the Testo probes, I hear they have terrible customer service though!

Start putting money in a piggy bank, the iConnect is worth doing without some things in order to afford it. TTT also has financing, not sure how good it is and I hate financing especially tools but hey do what you gotta do right.

Post Likes
    YO JT,

so %5 discount and free shipping and hopefully tAX free i might order the ac hp performance test kit from TTT..

what else should i get to utilize them correctly, does it have the shorty ball valve hoses? give me list before i change my mind lol

Post Likes
    YO JT,

so %5 discount and free shipping and hopefully tAX free i might order the ac hp performance test kit from TTT..

what else should i get to utilize them correctly, does it have the shorty ball valve hoses? give me list before i change my mind lol
    It's 7% off, just put hvac-talk in the coupon thing in shopping cart.

No tax unless you're in Ohio,

The pressure probes come with 6" hoses. No ball valves though. If you have vcrt's you could use those though.

Mine came with quick connect tees for adding/removing refer. I made an extremely large purchase for me (like $10k) so I don't know if that's normal, probably is though.

If you go to the includes tab on TTT it tells everything it comes with.

I would get the 917c kit, it's badazs.

Wish it came with clamp probes for line temps but the strap probes it comes with are the best I've used as far as strap probes go.

9. Likes kamersoutdoor, kangaroogod liked this post
    Post Likes
    I use my SMAN3 on a daily basis. I have a case for it which is why it is my primary manifold. All three of our early versions of the SMAN3 had to be replaced under warranty because the valves would not seal and that was a hassle. They corrected that issue but now the SMAN3 is not available any longer.

I also have a Digicool AK9000. It is my backup manifold. I have two minor complaints about it - the leads for the temperature sensor proved fragile even when it was disconnected from the manifold and put in a soft bag with the manifold, and the screen for R-22 and R410A are not adjacent to each other so changing to a different refrigerant involves scrolling through all the refrigerants in between.

I also have an I-Manifold. I use that when I have a problem job and I need to document everything. It is a great system but it takes much more time to connect all the air and temperature probes than do my other manifolds.
    AOP Rules: Rules For Equipment Owners.

Free online load calculator: http://www.loadcalc.net/

There = not here. Their = possessive pronoun. They're = they are
    It's = contraction of it is. Its = the possessive form of it
    Too = also. To = expressing motion. Two = 2
    Then = after that, next. Than = indicates a comparison.
    Questions should end with a question mark "?" Statements end with a period "."

Post Likes
    I can usually have everything iConnect hooked up and reading in 10 minutes or less. You don't have to use the temp/humidity probes everytime. It will do anything you connect to it.

With that said, I do use my digicools too. Especially if it's raining or whatever. IOW, don't rely solely on the iConnect/iManifold. Have a backup set of digis or analogs just in case.

After all 2 is one and 1 is none... 3 is even better.

I have at least 2 or three of all my critical instruments. 3 DMM/ammeter, 3 guage/manifold, 3 temp/wb/rh, 2 tubing bender, 2 swaging tools, 2 flare tools, 4 red snip, 4 green, multiple sets of nutdrivers, 5 drills, 2 skillsaw, 2 sawzall... And on and on you get the picture.

12. Likes ACFIXR liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    It's 7% off, just put hvac-talk in the coupon thing in shopping cart.

No tax unless you're in Ohio,

The pressure probes come with 6" hoses. No ball valves though. If you have vcrt's you could use those though.

Mine came with quick connect tees for adding/removing refer. I made an extremely large purchase for me (like $10k) so I don't know if that's normal, probably is though.

If you go to the includes tab on TTT it tells everything it comes with.

I would get the 917c kit, it's badazs.

Wish it came with clamp probes for line temps but the strap probes it comes with are the best I've used as far as strap probes go.
    917c is the one i have in my cart while im contemplating.. I own 1250s that are in canada being fixed ak900 that also need to be fixed and some unreliable but still good enough to use 510 testos plus the analogs i have in my minisplit kit.. the digi-cools will both be good enough to keep using but im trying to convince myself to get the Iconnects but riding the fence..t would encourage me to always use the wetbulb readings and have my calcs done when charging , sometimes i forget or dont have time to get my h10 (battery door issues!)out and take the WB so if i got these it would force me on price alone to use my investment..

Post Likes
    917c is the one i have in my cart while im contemplating.. I own 1250s that are in canada being fixed ak900 that also need to be fixed and some unreliable but still good enough to use 510 testos plus the analogs i have in my minisplit kit.. the digi-cools will both be good enough to keep using but im trying to convince myself to get the Iconnects but riding the fence..t would encourage me to always use the wetbulb readings and have my calcs done when charging , sometimes i forget or dont have time to get my h10 (battery door issues!)out and take the WB so if i got these it would force me on price alone to use my investment..
    Nudge nudge nudge, with the free shipping and hva talk discount plus the points you'll get at TTT you can redeem for a gift certificate it's almost like they're giving it away...lol

The hvac gods want you to pull the trigger.

15. Likes kamersoutdoor, kdean1 liked this post
    Post Likes
    what size bit you using to get test holes in for WB/DB temps? if i hook up all 4 probes and be anywhere in home this Phone/tanlet app will show my entire performance numbers from target sh/sc to what?

Post Likes
    what size bit you using to get test holes in for WB/DB temps? if i hook up all 4 probes and be anywhere in home this Phone/tanlet app will show my entire performance numbers from target sh/sc to what?
    3/4 unibit, second to last size is 11/16" which is the perfect size. Make sure probe is "out of line sight" of evap for accurate readings.

It shows Everything. Temp split, capacity, SH/SC, pressures, ssat, lsat, line temps, %rh, db, wb, estimated airflow, gallons/lbs of moisture being removed, oda temp and on and on. All I can say is it is badazz! If you carry the iConnect with you then you'll never lose connectivity. Zigbee Range is in miles with repeaters.

I highly recommend apple products (namely the iPhone 6 or 6 plus or iPad mini) to work with the App. My Samsung tablet is not as good with it, may be my tablet though.

Post Likes
    system capacity btu output and efficiency?

19. Likes 270wsm liked this post
Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast