Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SIEMENS PXC16 Compact Controller Communication Question

Hi,

I am trying to configure siemens PXC16-P.A controller via HMI (RJ45) serial plug. I tried using generic RJ45 -> DB9 converter -> hyperterminal (PC) but it doesn't work. I assume the pin mapping is incorrect. Does anyone have the the pinout for RJ45 for PXC compacts? Or anyone knows how to communicate with PXC compacts.

Thanks.

Here you go. Good Luck.

SiemensCABLE_PINOUT.pdf

Hey thanks Heavyevans. The controller I have has RJ45 ethernet type connector. Do you have the pinout for RJ45?

That's the ethernet ALN connection - look for the MMI connection (also looks like an RJ45), plug your RJ11 in there.
    Dingman from Iowa~
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

The Dingman's webpage, featuring the Ding_Z

Quote Originally Posted by dingman View Post
    That's the ethernet ALN connection - look for the MMI connection (also looks like an RJ45), plug your RJ11 in there.
    PXC16-P.A doesn't have MMI connection. It has HMI (RJ45 serial), which I think replaced the MMI port. Still no luck. Can't find the pinout.

Take a closer look, it ain't no RJ45.

The hmi replaced the mmi in name only. Baud rate can be anywhere from 9600 to 115200 at 8N1. Start with 115200 as that is the default.

Name:  Photo 24.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  32.0 KB

Hi please take a look at the attached image. The owner's manual (more like spec sheet) says it's RJ45.

OK, I was trying to make the point that it isn't for a LAN connection. Make up the cable I posted and plug it in. The two outside terminals aren't used for what you are trying to do.

It's not RJ45. You need the RJ-11 6 conductor cable with the notched end connectors for pin1 and pin8. See the picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hey heavyevans, badcontroller and all thanks. It worked!!!

Now, how do I configure the device address? My main goal: I am trying to configure it to talk to insight via trunk ii interface.

On Hyperterminal I have ">Time, Message, Cancel, Hello?"

When I press 'H'. It asks me for username and password.

When I press '?' It gives me list of commands. Not sure what they are.

Nope..not going there until you tell me a little about yourself and what your ultimate goal is.

Until then you should use the search function on this site. It's probably the best way to find the answers you're looking for and learn about what you are trying to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavyevans View Post
    Nope..not going there until you tell me a little about yourself and what your ultimate goal is.

Until then you should use the search function on this site. It's probably the best way to find the answers you're looking for and learn about what you are trying to do.
    I agree I'm not against a capable end user adding a panel to the system. But it's a little far fetched to ask professionals,that have years of training and experience, how to do their job on a forum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast