Johnson Controls NCM200 Question

How do I force a download on an NCM200. I can communicate to the NCM with WNCSETUP from the archive machine but it is offline to PMI. When I try to download from PMI, it says I need to force a download. Any help is appreciated.

At the NC if you hit the reset button it will force a download. It also wipes the database in the NC so If you have any concern that the archive is not correct or if any processes are not compiled I would check that first. It is also a good idea to unddl the archive Global, Models, & NC to see if there are any issues in the archive database (a LST file is created with errors).

Thanks for the reply. I did hit the reset button and that prompted a download from the archive machine, however the download keeps failing. I've tried 2 different known good NCM's. I'm going back there Monday to continue. the first thing I'm going to do is pull another NCM from a different location and plug it into the failed NCM slot and see if it comes online. If so, I think I've got a bad sub base. Luckily, if that's the case, I have a spare.

Interesting. I only had a couple of baseframes have issues (heavy 5 slots of course). I have seen database issues cause failed downloads. One way to check if the baseframe isn't the issue is to create a blank NC DDL with just the minimum required for a valid NC compile and see if it downloads. Of course save your old unddl to switch back later.

Before doing that you could also check the error log in ncsetup and see what is there, it may shed some light on what is causing the failure.

Thanks for the help. I found and corrected some errors in the ddl file. I found that somebody added a model from a workstation and not the archive machine. This caused the error in the NCM. I rebuilt the model on the archive and it worked great.

Great! Typical of what I usually found when I had an issue like that.

It is always best to do a DDL/UnDDL of the database to find any errors before resetting or trying to do a NCM download. If there are any errors, it will not download for you. But it looks like you see this now.

Quote Originally Posted by ctrl_freak View Post
    It is always best to do a DDL/UnDDL of the database to find any errors before resetting or trying to do a NCM download. If there are any errors, it will not download for you. But it looks like you see this now.
    I couldn't agree more. The problem happened when there was 1 point in alarm that was related to that NCM. The customer went to the NCM and cycled power instead of trying to figure out why that point was in alarm. When that didn't work, he hit the reset button. I got called after that. They came clean after everything was fixed. After this bill, they won't be doing that again.