Thread: Cap tube

Cap tube

I have a 3 door upright victory freezer that blew the valves on the compressor, the guy bought it used from another place, had to replace the condenser fan blade and motor previously, there is only 18 in of room above it, and the area is very warm, bout 95 up there. I put new compressor in, reading 116 and-20 deg saturation temps for r-404a, what should the cap tube superheat be, i thought it was 6 deg, going back to see if unit is cooling down, box was very humid and hot from sitting few days. System has double cap tube, and condenser is definitely moving heat off now, compressor sounds good. I am going to try and put a fan up top to blow air around, any other suggestions?

Did you weigh in the correct charge ?

there is no nameplate, forgot to tell you, have to shoot in the dark, can't even find the model number of the unit to call victory, where is it ususally located, I put in about 11 oz to start till i got discharge up high enough

Inside left wall of box. Sometimes there is a parts list on the evaporator cover. Call Victory tech support, maybe they can help you.

i wish i had 95. i worked on one last week that measured 115 ambient up by coil.it was an older 2 door upright and took 18 oz freon.
    sh-10 at coil 20-30 at compressor would be ideal.

zuke,

6 degrees superheat should be fine after it is pulled down. If you had 6 with a hot box, you're probably overcharged now. I wouldn't worry about the 95, that's not uncommon in a hot kitchen.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mikeweber3 View Post
    zuke,

6 degrees superheat should be fine after it is pulled down. If you had 6 with a hot box, you're probably overcharged now. I wouldn't worry about the 95, that's not uncommon in a hot kitchen.

Mike
    did u read that right, I had 100 plus, I got rid of the cap tube and went to txv, problem solved, they should take those cap tubes and shove them up u know where

that is alot, did it have a receiver