+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 22 in a 410 unit

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Refrigerant for stationary equipment does not come with oil in it. That being said there would be no oil cross contamination. Always replace the filter when you open a system.
    Uh...what? My pink and green jugs of virgin have no oil? What is that slimy stuff that comes out if you turn the jug upside down?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike19 View Post
    I've seen the sludge with my own eyes. A few times. All where systems that originally had mineral oil, and where converted to poe. I'm pretty sure the sludge was just baked mineral oil or burnout residue that was sitting loose in the system, and the poe "washed it loose" and kept plugging up various things with it.

I know that mixing the oils won't create sludge, rather its just that poe acts like a detergent. Putting poe in a system will break loose 20 years of crap and create the magic sludge. I don't think a lot of people are aware of this which is what propagates the myth.

^BINGO!^

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hurtinhvac View Post
    Uh...what? My pink and green jugs of virgin have no oil? What is that slimy stuff that comes out if you turn the jug upside down?
    Your joking right ?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Your joking right ?
    Why...yes! Of course..you got it. Funny, huh? Ha ha...

Oh boy...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in