CCN I-Vu adding controller

Hello guys, im trying to add a 6400 I/O module to an existing controller but for some reason I cant discover the I/O mod. wiring is correct... power is correct 6400 1st dip switch ON then switch 7&8 are ON the I/O switches switch 1 ON 5 ON 7&8 ON

please help

You have the dip switches correct. i-Vu is not going to see an I/O module.

Add you points with NST, then rescan the address of the CC6400 and the points in the I/O will show up under HWP 01-32.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Jinn (Star Wars Episode 1)
    "The ablilty to speak does not make you intelligent!"

Quote Originally Posted by Balibe View Post
    You have the dip switches correct. i-Vu is not going to see an I/O module.

Add you points with NST, then rescan the address of the CC6400 and the points in the I/O will show up under HWP 01-32.
    What if I already have 1 -32 full? will it automatically place them in 33 - 64? Im new at this so im trying to be cautious. why am I not showing the I/o mod online? I just get the flashing red light not TX RX

It will push to HWP33-64 if needed. You only have one I/O so all 32 will be under HWP01-32.

The I/O goes on the Secondary Bus, not the Primary Bus. All the programming goes in the processor module, then it communicates as needed to the I/O module.

What software are you using to program the CC6400? You can't use i-Vu to setup a CC6400.

Add a discrete output to a channel between 25-32 and download it. It will say sensor failure in the Status/HWP01-32 if the processor doesn't see the I/O.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Jinn (Star Wars Episode 1)
    "The ablilty to speak does not make you intelligent!"

I/O modules are transparent on the CCN network. An I/o module is just an expantion of the comfort controller 6400. Each input and output of a comfort controller is manually chosen to be configured. Each module has eight input and eight output (channels) or points. For instance if you were to add a temperature sensor point to the comfort controller you would use one of the available input channels To create a new points in a comfort controller. You will need a configuration program like Service tool V or Comfort view. You will need to get hold of the Comfort controller installation manual and configuration manuals to help program this controller. They are not intuitively programmable, you really need some one to help you get started.