Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

$6 line set cover

local supply house is charging $23 or more for "slimduct'' lineset covers. i used some vinyl guttering from lowes. only $6 and looks great.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Fix it right, get paid, sleep good.

Looks nice, but I would hate to be the guy that has to squeeze back there to get that panel off....

ha..i knew that was coming. there is actually 10 inches between the wall and the unit. Heil only requires six for service if it is turned in that position. all the controls are on the side where the SEER sticker is. this house had no central ac/heat before. the attic was tight. check out the closet air handler install. had to take out a gas wall furnace and shelving and build a stand for the air handler to sit on. did the whole job in one day with my helper. got a chance to get 20 more just like it.

Looks good. We used to put those in when we were installing ductless split systems on apartment balconies.

Getting ready to try that line set cover technique. What did you do at the top
    where the lines came out of the house for a cover?
    Whoa Maynard - that's not how it works.

i took one of the gutter elbows and cut it so the radius of the elbow matched my lineset. i have to go back to get final payment so i'll snap a pic then.

It does look mighty slick... still kinda spendy to get the boss talked into it though lol.
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

Looks good and inexpensive!

Six Bucks doesn't do lunch most days if even fast food. Much better than an exposed copper liquid line and tstat wire and black foam insulation baking in the UV rays plus the nice two screw galvanized hangers every foot or so... This is a great idea! Should be in tips and tricks as well...

we have been using downspout for many years. the new vinyl stuff is easier to do without getting cut.

run the dewalt shears down the back and snap it over the lines.

Looks good!

That I how I do mine, however I use Commercial Aluminum downspout which is a little bit bigger. I wonder if they make the Commercial size in Vinyl /Plastic. Or hey, you could save the six bucks like a competitor did near me. Check out the "Ball of spray foam up top"

Quote Originally Posted by 300 Win Mag View Post
    That I how I do mine, however I use Commercial Aluminum downspout which is a little bit bigger. I wonder if they make the Commercial size in Vinyl /Plastic. Or hey, you could save the six bucks like a competitor did near me. Check out the "Ball of spray foam up top"
    2x3 downspout has plenty of room for lines and drain, also matches size of all other downspouts on house.

Been doing that method for years

I'm curious where most of you guys are from.

In New York, I would say 9 out of 10 HVAC contractors have shielded their line sets with rain leader for many many years.

When I started in the business 21 years ago, the contractor I was working for used leader to cover the line sets.

In fact around here, a line set done without a rain leader is a sign of a bare bones installation. In fact most home owners will complain if a company doesn't put a leader on. Most likely their neighbors will have leaders covering their line sets and the absence of leader pipe will be a eye sore to the owner.

Yes, it looks great, it's cheap, and I would not let my installs go without one.

Also guys, for two system homes, try putting both line sets inside a single 4" oversize leader pipe, ....very clean looking compared to running double leaders side by side.
    Thank you for reading, and have a nice day

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast