Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    64

    Paragon 8141-0b??

    did paragon change this model # i was at the disti and he gave me a weird model to replace this.

    it's a 220v defrost timer.... time start / time termination

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Southold.calm
    Posts
    5,616

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    64
    I don't really remember.......i looked up online seems like the replacement should be an 8141-20 does that seem correct

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Southold.calm
    Posts
    5,616
    8141 is the Model #

    -10 is 110V

    -20 is 220V

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Outer Banks, NC
    Posts
    193
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    8141 is the Model #

    -10 is 110V

    -20 is 220V
    I have aways seen 00 for 110V

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Orange County NY
    Posts
    212
    Last month my distributer had the Paragon saleman there while I picking up materials, he had a new electronic time clock he was demoing don't remember the model #. It replaces most timeclocks-setup via dip switch.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    442
    Quote Originally Posted by coldking View Post
    I have aways seen 00 for 110V
    00- 120v
    20- 240v
    8045- time initiate and time terminate, 1 nc contact and 1 no contact
    8145 - time initiate and temp/pressure terminate, 1 nc and 1no
    8141- time intitate and temp/pressure terminate, 1 no and 2 nc

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    442
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurence View Post
    did paragon change this model # i was at the disti and he gave me a weird model to replace this.

    it's a 220v defrost timer.... time start / time termination
    8045-20 or 8141-20

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Southold.calm
    Posts
    5,616
    Quote Originally Posted by coldking View Post
    I have aways seen 00 for 110V
    I stand corrected.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    18
    We have switch to a time clock made by Grasslin that replaces all the Paragon models, it is dual voltage. Even has a light indicating whether it is in defrost or refrig. mode.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    18

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    28
    the 'b' on your # only indicates it was originally bracket mounted, not in its own case as the replacement comes in -- sometimes maufacturers sell only the timer assembly, without the box -- they mark those with a 'b'


    the grasslin universal timer is a great clock for setup, and does replace many types, but i had one blow up in a building with erratic power problems, so make sure you ue it in a place where voltage to it is always steady, no spikes, brownouts, etc

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,795
    Quote Originally Posted by wkfldal View Post
    the 'b' on your # only indicates it was originally bracket mounted, not in its own case as the replacement comes in -- sometimes maufacturers sell only the timer assembly, without the box -- they mark those with a 'b'


    the grasslin universal timer is a great clock for setup, and does replace many types, but i had one blow up in a building with erratic power problems, so make sure you ue it in a place where voltage to it is always steady, no spikes, brownouts, etc
    Once I shorted a wire on the roof by mistake.The Grasslin solder contact blew before the braker tripped .I had to replace it for no reason.I have replaced a bunch of them so far.I am not in favor of electronics in refrigeration systems.When the conderser coil gets dirty they are susceptable to failure.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event