Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    It's 2594 square feet of livable area (1473 above grade). I'm not sure how to check that the evaporator coil drip tray is draining properly, I guess that's something the contractor will have to do?

The humidity situation doesn't seem to have resolved itself, yesterday the reader said 61% when the AC was running, now it says 64%. I'm waiting until Monday to call again, as instructed by the contractor.

How many people live in the home? Do you run a humidifier in the winter? Other than the a/c being oversized, another possibility is that your home was not air sealed properly. You should have a blower door test on your home to determine how leaky it is.
    An answer without a question is meaningless.
    Information without understanding is useless.
    You can lead a horse to water............
    http://www.mohomeenergyaudits.com

3 people live in the home. I don't run a humidifier in the winter. Prior to having more insulation added in and doing air sealing, the air leakage in CFM50 was 3667. After the air sealing and insulation, it went down to about 3150.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Gaius Baltar View Post
    Here is the equipment I had installed:
    Trane 2 Speed 3 Ton AC Condensing Unit Model # 4TTX6036G1000A
    Trane 21" Cased Evaporator Coil Model # 4TXCC044BC3 with TXV
    Trane XV80-80% 2 Stage/Variable Speed Gas Furnace Model # TUD2C100A9V5
    Trane Digital Two-Stage, Digital Programmable Thermostat Model # TCONT802A
    Gr

Give us a return temp/%RH and a supply temp/%RH toward the end of the cooling cycle. Fan "Auto" best for lower %RH. If you want <50%RH during low/no cooling loads, you will need a whole house dehumidifier like an Ultra-Aire. Aren't those a/c contractors smart? I was once one of them.
    Regards TB
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

The main air return is about 72 at the end of the cooling cycle, humidity about 62%.

What is the supply? Where do I find that?

The registers that blow the air out are the supplies.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Ok, so just give the humidity % and temperature of any register at the end of a cooling phase?

Ok, so just give the humidity % and temperature of any register at the end of a cooling phase?
    Give one closest to unit and furtherest.

In the register that is closest to the furnace at the end of a cooling phase:
    66% humidity, 70 degrees
    In the farthest one:
    65% humidity, 72 degrees

Doesn't sound like the ac is running if its only putting out 70* air.

In the register that is closest to the furnace at the end of a cooling phase:
    66% humidity, 70 degrees
    In the farthest one:
    65% humidity, 72 degrees
    Just to make it clear, this is the air that enters the return to the a/c and the air that exits the cooling coil. 72^F, 60-65%RH makes sense for the return temperature. After the a/c operates for 15-30 mins., the cold air supply should be 50-55^F, 80-90%RH.
    Regards TB
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

The main air return is about 72 at the end of the cooling cycle, humidity about 62%.

I didn't get 50-55F at the register and 80-90% humidity. I had the meter placed about 6 inches away from the register. Was I not placing it close enough?

Put it at the register right in the air flow. Make sure the A/c is still running.

Away from teh register, depending on the register, you could get some room air mixed in with it.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast