Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 38
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    4,168
    Gee, most of those folks look of retirement age. I wonder what those Occupy and Zimmerman protestors folks looked like?
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,034
    Funny salty, I don't see rioting, looting, arson or violence. Just a peaceful rally. Surly you are not that far gone to the left that you can't see the difference here. Thank you very much

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Losantiville
    Posts
    1,570
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Funny salty, I don't see rioting, looting, arson or violence. Just a peaceful rally. Surly you are not that far gone to the left that you can't see the difference here. Thank you very much
    Sorry, I thought the thread was about how people spend their time and the lack of time for such things as protests by hard working Americans. My bad.

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Helena, Montana
    Posts
    1,989
    Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    Sorry, I thought the thread was about how people spend their time and the lack of time for such things as protests by hard working Americans. My bad.
    So you didn't understand the title of the thread?
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Losantiville
    Posts
    1,570
    Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    So you didn't understand the title of the thread?
    Who has time to protest (riot) ???


  6. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    If we just changed ONE thing... this whole problem would go away: REMOVE the safety nets. Let them either work or starve.

    It is amazing how quickly folks get common sense when they (or their kids) are hungry...

    OH, BTW: Ya wanna see what folks with too much idle time (not needing to work to live) do with their spare time:

    http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread....re-at-war-quot

    And note what folks that believe in this country do in response; see the video in post #10...
    There are just as many WHITES on welfare as blacks, sorry (even ole' Newty came to grips with this during the presidential campaign). So, you would be cutting off your neighbors lights and AC. I for one don't believe anyone should be on welfare if they are young and able. I've worked all my life, from a little kid to now and instill it in my kids, too. My parents were always workers and they instilled it in us - their kids. I don't believe in a free ride and my kids won't get one either. Give them enough to do something, but not enough to do nothing.

    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...4100524AAskbsf

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by methodical View Post
    More WHITES on welfare than blacks, sorry. So, you would be cutting of your neighbors.
    Sheer numbers? Maybe. Percentages? not a chance. The USA is 13% black, 56% Caucasian, but blacks receive 33% of government benefits compared with Whites (and included Hispanics) who get about 61% of benefits. And the government includes Social Security retirement benefits with the number on welfare.

    Would I be cutting off my neighbors? Maybe one of them. Not all of them. I would cut off all benefits to all but the most infirm in a second.

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Helena, Montana
    Posts
    1,989
    Quote Originally Posted by methodical View Post
    More WHITES on welfare than blacks, sorry. So, you would be cutting of your neighbors.
    I'm trying to see where GA made any color reference in that post and I just can't see it. His point, I believe, is no matter what skin color, take the safety nets away. Plain and simple. White, black, green, pink, doesn't matter....
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Losantiville
    Posts
    1,570
    Yes, it appears that if you have lots o money you have the right to protest but if you are poor or working class just shut up and keep working - some of you guys amaze me.

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Helena, Montana
    Posts
    1,989
    Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    Yes, it appears that if you have lots o money you have the right to protest but if you are poor or working class just shut up and keep working - some of you guys amaze me.
    I would say your lack of using logic amazes me, but it doesn't.
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    128
    Not my words, but the words from someone who did not publish his/her name that I found online regarding welfare.

    The countless whites who whimper about blacks on welfare as if it's a black-only program when 1.) there are plenty of whites on welfare and whites have always been welfare recipients in the U.S.; 2.) for the majority of its existence, welfare has been a white-only program. Hate to burst bubbles but welfare was created for solely whites. News flash: blacks were denied all their rights 35 years ago and prior. One of those rights was access to welfare. It was only by the end of a grisly African American Civil Rights Movement did poverty-stricken African Americans finally become eligible for welfare along with whites. Thanks to African Americans fighting for the equal rights of all minorities, all poverty-stricken racial groups became eligible for welfare. [source: http://academic.udayton.edu/race/04needs… ]; 3.) even if welfare were a black-only program, whites would STILL be unjustified to whimper about it. If that were the case, it ought to be regarded as a small reparation for the 5 century long era of anti-black atrocities that ended 35 years ago. It's as a result of that era that so many African Americans are impoverished. The entire African American community had to start out at the bare bottom and work their way up from scratch. In addition, it ought to be regarded as a small measure taken in respect to white privilege. (What are whites even doing on welfare considering white privilege and the fact that they weren't enslaved from the 1500s to 1865, legally discriminated against from 1865 through the 1970s, then separated from society's wealth in white flight)? News flash: today's elderly blacks were treated like garbage and denied all their rights 35 years ago (that includes most jobs; all decent jobs; all decent salaries); consequently leaving today's middle-aged blacks to start out impoverished, much like most of today's younger black generation. Besides that, blacks have been doing the dirty work of whites for the vast majority of their time spent in the U.S., while receiving nothing but racial abuse from whites in return. 3.) middle-class African Americans like myself pay taxes and aren't entitled to welfare even after wrestling our way out of poverty-stricken lifestyles whites have placed us in and we're not whimpering about paying taxes everywhere you turn around like the white community is 4.) despite the fact that middle-class African Americans pay taxes, they receive no credit for paying taxes as the majority of whites whimper about it as if they're the only people who pay taxes and aiding all blacks and only blacks -- Much like affirmative action, welfare is in no way reparation for the black race like whites treat it as. Hell, it's not even treated as reparation by whites, but worse: preferential treatment that solely blacks get over all races. The white race hasn't done squat to make up for the era of anti-black atrocities. The only thing they've done is whimper AS IF they've done far more than enough. In addition to working for the white race with repayment of mistreatment, impoverishment, and zero reparations, blacks additionally have to deal with baseless welfare whimpering from whites.

  12. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Helena, Montana
    Posts
    1,989
    Quote Originally Posted by methodical View Post
    The countless whites who whimper about blacks on welfare as if it's a black-only program when 1.) there are plenty of whites on welfare and whites have always been welfare recipients in the U.S.; 2.) for the majority of its existence, welfare has been a white-only program. Hate to burst bubbles but welfare was created for solely whites. News flash: blacks were denied all their rights 35 years ago and prior. One of those rights was access to welfare. It was only by the end of a grisly African American Civil Rights Movement did poverty-stricken African Americans finally become eligible for welfare along with whites. Thanks to African Americans fighting for the equal rights of all minorities, all poverty-stricken racial groups became eligible for welfare. [source: http://academic.udayton.edu/race/04needs… ]; 3.) even if welfare were a black-only program, whites would STILL be unjustified to whimper about it. If that were the case, it ought to be regarded as a small reparation for the 5 century long era of anti-black atrocities that ended 35 years ago. It's as a result of that era that so many African Americans are impoverished. The entire African American community had to start out at the bare bottom and work their way up from scratch. In addition, it ought to be regarded as a small measure taken in respect to white privilege. (What are whites even doing on welfare considering white privilege and the fact that they weren't enslaved from the 1500s to 1865, legally discriminated against from 1865 through the 1970s, then separated from society's wealth in white flight)? News flash: today's elderly blacks were treated like garbage and denied all their rights 35 years ago (that includes most jobs; all decent jobs; all decent salaries); consequently leaving today's middle-aged blacks to start out impoverished, much like most of today's younger black generation. Besides that, blacks have been doing the dirty work of whites for the vast majority of their time spent in the U.S., while receiving nothing but racial abuse from whites in return. 3.) middle-class African Americans like myself pay taxes and aren't entitled to welfare even after wrestling our way out of poverty-stricken lifestyles whites have placed us in and we're not whimpering about paying taxes everywhere you turn around like the white community is 4.) despite the fact that middle-class African Americans pay taxes, they receive no credit for paying taxes as the majority of whites whimper about it as if they're the only people who pay taxes and aiding all blacks and only blacks -- Much like affirmative action, welfare is in no way reparation for the black race like whites treat it as. Hell, it's not even treated as reparation by whites, but worse: preferential treatment that solely blacks get over all races. The white race hasn't done squat to make up for the era of anti-black atrocities. The only thing they've done is whimper AS IF they've done far more than enough. In addition to working for the white race with repayment of mistreatment, impoverishment, and zero reparations, blacks additionally have to deal with baseless welfare whimpering from whites.

    Not my words, but the words from some researcher that didn't publish his/her name.

    Funny that you want to keep bringing race into this......again there was no difference to race, gender, even sexual orientation in reference to removing the handouts. Nice biased qoute that you claim as vaild research.
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

  13. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete838 View Post
    Sheer numbers? Maybe. Percentages? not a chance. The USA is 13% black, 56% Caucasian, but blacks receive 33% of government benefits compared with Whites (and included Hispanics) who get about 61% of benefits. And the government includes Social Security retirement benefits with the number on welfare.

    Would I be cutting off my neighbors? Maybe one of them. Not all of them. I would cut off all benefits to all but the most infirm in a second.
    Would you give them a job if they were willing to learn the trade?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event