Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    Funny that you want to keep bringing race into this......again there was no difference to race, gender, even sexual orientation in reference to removing the handouts. Nice biased qoute that you claim as vaild research.
    Ughh I think you are the one that's blind. This thread has race all over it. Read the post more carefully will you. See post #11

Quote Originally Posted by methodical View Post
    There are just as many WHITES on welfare as blacks, sorry (even ole' Newty came to grips with this during the presidential campaign). So, you would be cutting off your neighbors lights and AC. I for one don't believe anyone should be on welfare if they are young and able. I've worked all my life, from a little kid to now and instill it in my kids, too. My parents were always workers and they instilled it in us - their kids. I don't believe in a free ride and my kids won't get one either. Give them enough to do something, but not enough to do nothing.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...4100524AAskbsf
    Did I say anything about the race of anyone getting a ride in a safety net? If so, please show me.

The issue is NOT what race, the issue is the attitude.

As noted: When folks get hungry (or they see their kids hungry), it is a motivator. We need that motivator operating in ALL people, NO exceptions.

If a person limps, they can get a job that does not require they walk too much... How about cashier at a WallyWorld? It is a job, right?
    If a person has communication issues, they can sit in front of a machine and make parts. It is a job, right?
    If a person is in a wheel-chair, they can work a customer service phone. It is a job, right?

The point is: Folks need to go to work and earn their own way. The economy has this magical way of adjusting price to demand... if the available funds to buy something are at $xx.xx, that is what it will cost... it is called supply and demand...
    Folks who work for a living are happier than folks who are on the dole.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Ughh I think you are the one that's blind. This thread has race all over it. Read the post more carefully will you. See post #11
    I have read it multiple times. Perhaps you should take another look? Nowhere is any race mentioned. Perhaps you should take of your blinders and trying to see what is truely written, instead of what you infer.
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Did I say anything about the race of anyone getting a ride in a safety net? If so, please show me.

The issue is NOT what race, the issue is the attitude.

As noted: When folks get hungry (or they see their kids hungry), it is a motivator. We need that motivator operating in ALL people, NO exceptions.

If a person limps, they can get a job that does not require they walk too much... How about cashier at a WallyWorld? It is a job, right?
    If a person has communication issues, they can sit in front of a machine and make parts. It is a job, right?
    If a person is in a wheel-chair, they can work a customer service phone. It is a job, right?

The point is: Folks need to go to work and earn their own way. The economy has this magical way of adjusting price to demand... if the available funds to buy something are at $xx.xx, that is what it will cost... it is called supply and demand...
    Folks who work for a living are happier than folks who are on the dole.
    I made it very clear that I believe young folks should be working and not living off welfare. I won't take up for any deadbeats, because I know the crap I went through, the sacrafices I made to get where I am. I let nothing or no man hold me down or stand in my way, nor did I use race as an excuse - I saw things the way they were and just pushed through and did what I had to do, but when you post videos of and make reference to one race (black panthers) then it appears to be a color thing. Balance your comments and suggestion just like your HVAC installs.

Just One Man's Opinion.

Btw, would you hire a welfare recipient if they were willing to learn the trade?

Logically the right to a say should not be reserved for the well off. Logically and historically the lower classes have always used protests and even riots to attain a voice in how they would be treated. The monied interests have no need to protest or riot since they just need to finance their front organizations to do their bidding. An example of this would be groups such as the T party and Americans for Prosperity among many others.

I made it very clear that I believe young folks should be working and not living off welfare. I won't take up for any deadbeats, because I know the crap I went through to get where I am. I did not let nothing or no man hold me down or stand in my way, nor did I use race as an excuse - I just went out and did what I had to do, but when you post videos of and make reference to one race (black panthers) then it appears to be a color thing. Balance your comments and suggestion just like you would do your HVAC installs.

Just One Man's Opinion.

Btw, would you hire a welfare recipient if they were willing to learn the trade?
    First, what video or article did GA post that has your interest... please reference it and it will be discussed.

I applaud your work ethic. I can tell you I have seen folks of ALL races who have that work ethic, and I have seen folks of ALL races that do not have that work ethic. The issue is not race, it is attitude... Gee, I think that was posted before...

And to answer your question: If someone has a work ethic, they will find work... just the way things go.
    Personally, folks I hire need experience... it fits my business model. In the past I have used semi-skilled labor and I have trained folks. Currently, they need experience.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    Logically the right to a say should not be reserved for the well off. Logically and historically the lower classes have always used protests and even riots to attain a voice in how they would be treated. The monied interests have no need to protest or riot since they just need to finance their front organizations to do their bidding. An example of this would be groups such as the T party and Americans for Prosperity among many others.
    ACORN??? That's right both sides fit your model...

Would you give them a job if they were willing to learn the trade?
    Absolutely. If a person has a good attitude, is honest, shows aptitude for problem solving, and shows up reliably I don't care what color they are or if they are poor. I also prefer to give people that would otherwise be denied opportunities due to previous social issues a chance. Two of the best employees I've had have been African American and had serious felonies in their youth that prevented them from being hired by other companies.

True enuf. The left and the right have financial backing by the folks with money. The question remains is the voice of the billionaire more important than the common person? Where in the constitution is the clause that equates the right to be heard with the amount of wealth you control. Some folks here really think our form of government is capitalism.

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    True enuf. The left and the right have financial backing by the folks with money. The question remains is the voice of the billionaire more important than the common person? Where in the constitution is the clause that equates the right to be heard with the amount of wealth you control. Some folks here really think our form of government is capitalism.
    I feel it is more that they see the need for contribuiting members of society to have more say than those that are living off the system (again for mechanical's benefit) no matter what color, gender, orientation they are. I think that is where most would agree. If you get a free check from the govt are you ever going to vote for something that might take your free check away?

It seems that this discussion like so many others taking place in this country is oriented to the extremes. I would agree the shiftless addicted individual most likely will look out for his best interests just as the billionaire looks out for his. The problem with looking at the extremes is that most are in the middle and are not represented by either. The right demonizes the "safety net" and the left demonizes "corporate greed". When we talk about removing welfare for everyone there is a stereotypical person affected (Thanks Ronzo) and when we talk about cracking down on corporate greed it is also the stereotypical company or individual probably someone like Gordon Geiko. What specifically are you guys talking about when you want ALL welfare programs cut out and anyone who receives assistance to shut up and sit down?

Those who riot are bored. They have to do something for exercise. They certainly aren't working like the rest of us!
    Rick

"It is easier to do things right the 1st time rather than to explain why it wasn't when you have to do it the 2nd time."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123