Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    If at Tap 1 still too high, how can one increase static to get lower CFM?

Also, the return intake was reduced to a grill with 15.5 x 15.5 insertable filter - AHU has 20 x20 intake /filter but couldnt be used access given the space limitations.
    Upflow unit with bottom intake - old unit was upflow with side intake. they created mini plenum under unit and installed fo return. Its in a closet.

they created mini plenum under unit and installed the grill for return. Its in a closet.

It appears you are at lowest setting which is good. That high RH concerns me though. You might consider a cheap digital hygrometer for measuring humidity. I would want to know before I asked dealer to exchange for 2 ton condenser. Blower fan set to auto at thermostat?

IMO

Thanks. I am using inexpensive digital hygrometer to measure RH. Blower is set to Auto. Is there a way to increase static pressure to further lower CFM without creating noise/coil performance issue?
    If I can get the noise/CFM down that would be a good start. Again, I appreciate all of your time.

What's outside temperature now? And what kind of runtimes are you getting at the moment.

What is RH outside and inside? Keep a record and share with dealer. He might give you some suggestions.

I am not a believer in jury rigging or artificial manipulation. Don't want to do anything that might hurt system and jeopardize warranty especially on a forum like this.

mO

Right now its 94 RH43 - inside 75 RH50 (digital hygro) roughly 10 minute cycles. I would not do anything by myself, the dealer would do any changes. I too am not a fan of jury rigging. I will keep a log and discuss with contractor. Thanks, thanks and thanks. Have a great one.

Keep us posted...

May have to much static pressure now with only a 14x14 return basically. Remove filter while running and see if you don't notice a differance.

I will try that but I assume I will get even more CFM when I think I need less.
    Will let you know.
    Thanks

I pulled filter and got a slight reduction in noise at the AHU intake but not much other noticeable effect. Still have strong "winds" - noise at registers.
    Cycle time unaffected. Im really starting to think the whole system has to be replaced. Just swapping out compressor to 2 ton may create more problems than it solves.
    At a minimum sounds like Im getting too much air for ducts.
    I welcome all thoughts and comments.
    Thanks to all

CORRECTION: ONLY OPTION IS TO SWAP COMPRESSOR OR SWAP BOTH COMPRESSOR AND AHU.
    I ORIGINALLY THOUGHT IT WAS POSSIBLE TO SWAP AHU ONLY BUT THERE IS NO AHRI REFERENCE NUMBER FOR THIS 2.5 TON COMPRESSOR TO BE MATCHED WITH A 2 TON FIXED SPEED AHU
    WITH THIS MFG. THANKS

Quote Originally Posted by HPQ View Post
    I pulled filter and got a slight reduction in noise at the AHU intake but not much other noticeable effect. Still have strong "winds" - noise at registers.
    Cycle time unaffected. Im really starting to think the whole system has to be replaced. Just swapping out compressor to 2 ton may create more problems than it solves.
    At a minimum sounds like Im getting too much air for ducts.
    I welcome all thoughts and comments.
    Thanks to all
    My point with this and for example my own house. Second floor 1.5 ton in a closet on a pedestal box just like yours. At first I just had a 14x14 grill with a filter and that is all. The unit was a tornado of wind. I recently cut oout to 18x18 and now I can not even here it run.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast