low input pressure on LP gas furnace

i recently replaced my gas valve. i measured the input pressure to be a bit over 10 inches, and with the burner lit, the output pressure was just over 7 inches.

the furnace data plate says 11 inches, and the gas valve data sheet says 8-12 is typical.

so: if i give this info to the gas company that owns my tanks and the regulator, would you expect them to replace the regulator, or is 10 inches considered ok?

I would have them replace everything from the tanks to the regulator, that should fix it right? Or call someone qualified to work on gas appliances and make the simple adjustment.

I'd expect them to go over the entire system from the tank to the burners and do whatever they need to do. If they don't check everything they're just parts changers....... not the type of people you want working on your gas system.
    Use the biggest hammer you like, pounding a square peg into a round hole does not equal a proper fit.

^^^^ yes, you don't want to deal with a sooted up furnace. The input to your house is too low. It's an easy fix but DIY is not allowed and honestly when it comes to things that go boom you need to have it fixed right and feel safe.

might be a easy fix or might need a larger gas line
    We really need change now

Quote Originally Posted by rb76543 View Post
    i recently replaced my gas valve.

Why?
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    Why?
    the old valve appeared to be leaking. it was 30+ years old, and i had begun to smell gas. the smell was strongest near the valve. i soaped all the fittings and saw no bubbles.

so i googled for the replacement p/n, ordered it and installed it.

clearly this is something of a /diy/ thread, so if the mods want to lock or remove it, i have no complaints.

Closed.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?