Poor Air Flow in House/Delta T around 10

I recently purchased a home (1300 SF in Houston, TX) that was built in 2005. The air handler in the attic is a Gibson 3 ton unit and the outside condenser is a Tappan. The unit has 2 different zones: zone 1 being downstairs and zone 2 being upstairs. The unit also has a barometric damper from the return side to the supply side which I don't believe is working properly due to the fact that it always half way stays open. When I first moved in, it took about 8 hours to cool the house from 81 degrees to 73. When I first had my home inspection done, the inspector noticed that the delta t was low and suggested that I have the evaporator coil replaced. I wrote that into the repair list and sure enough, the seller had his home warranty company come out and find that the evaporator coil turned out to not be leaking. I had the HVAC company who the warranty company dispatched come back out to do a recall to check the system and they then stated that I need an all new zoning board as well as new zone dampers to try and increase the air flow throughout the system. They also recommended that I clean the condenser coil off. I cleaned off the condenser unit (which was beyond filthy) and noticed the house cooling better upstairs but really no change in the down stairs. I then called the home warranty company again for a second opinion. The second company came out and added about 2 lbs of refrigerant to the system. There has not really been much of a change other than the liquid line feeling "beer can cold" the way it should. I am not sure if my problems are one single problem or multiple problems put together. Any suggestions to the poor air flow problem? If so, does it affect the delta t in the system? Could the barometric damper be the problem since it is not functioning correctly? I also want to note that I have been getting a lot of condensate in the drip pan and can hear it in the duct running from the supply side to the return side.

I want to clarify that the barometric damper is staying closed and not half way open. The original contractor came and taped it open to try and increase air flow throughout the system.

May not have enough return to get good air flow. Your air handler is known to not have a strong blower.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Would it be feasible to look into upgrading the blower?

Not really.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?