Curious- reach in cooler

Just curious how high of ambient anyone has seen these run in? Just looked at a victory 2 door, compressor on top. I measured 118 sustained ambient on intake side of coil. It pulled down from 82 box after repair to 35 but can't believe it. Comp was so hot u couldn't touch it r416a dual cap tube. 118 has to be pushing the absolute limit I would think?

Defanitly runnin hot, whats disch temp? Could be cookin the oil most likely

didn't measure it. i just stood there in disbelief as it cooled down to temp, thinking there is no way this compressor can last long at 145 degree condensing.it was in a corner in Hell's Kitchen. that is what got me curious to see what temps everyone else has seen as the max ambients in hot azz kitchens these would run at. im sure victory won't say 118 is fine.

c'mon...... i know we've all worked in some damn hot kitchens......
    i looked at a traulsen freezer last week with 112 air-it only held 8 degrees box

All 16 stores kitchens that I'm in, we try to keep it no higher than 77 degrees inside. So it being 112 entering the condenser coil, I'd be trying to figure out why that's so high then worry about the box getting down to temp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ya- the box is working- just was wandering . a/c wont be happening anytime soon in this mom/pop kitchen LOL no money

Quote Originally Posted by caheiman30 View Post
    All 16 stores kitchens that I'm in, we try to keep it no higher than 77 degrees inside.
    Do most of the McDonald's have air conditioned kitchens? Do they also have air conditioned make-up-air units? I guess it makes sense that the kitchens of places like that would be air conditioned, since they are usually open to the rest of the restaurant. Most of the restaurants that I work in have their kitchens closed off to the rest of the building via swinging doors. They don't care how hot it gets back there.

I do a lot of mcdonalds, all served by a 12.5ton unit dedicated to the kitchen, and out here we use pressure transucers and modulate the economisers for mua, no dedicated mua. Exaust fans are on vfds that ramp up and down based on exaust disch temp, seems to work quite well, complicated till u understand hpw it works tho