jb prowler

Thread: jb prowler

jb prowler

has anyone used one yet? would u buy again?

I was going to buy one and went in to pick it up. Since I have been burned by many crappy cordless refrigerant leak detectors in the past, I brought in a coil with two small leaks to test it on before I would buy it. The leaks were small and one easy and one somewhat easy for my H10 to pick up. The salesman had recommended the tifzx but since I hate tiff I wanted the jb. Well the jb couldn't find either leak to save it's life. He then brought out the tiff and bam it found both leaks with ease. As much as I hate tiff I had to get this one. So there you have it.
    Nothing is magic, it works or doesn't work for a reason.

Totally agree, the Tif ZX is probably the only thing the company has made that actually works well.

Funny my zx1 never worked worth a crap. They replaced it with the zx. Only used it once on a farm tractor but it seemed to work ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwireeferman View Post
    Totally agree, the Tif ZX is probably the only thing the company has made that actually works well.

Quote Originally Posted by billg View Post
    I was going to buy one and went in to pick it up. Since I have been burned by many crappy cordless refrigerant leak detectors in the past, I brought in a coil with two small leaks to test it on before I would buy it. The leaks were small and one easy and one somewhat easy for my H10 to pick up. The salesman had recommended the tifzx but since I hate tiff I wanted the jb. Well the jb couldn't find either leak to save it's life. He then brought out the tiff and bam it found both leaks with ease. As much as I hate tiff I had to get this one. So there you have it.
    What refrigerant?
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    What refrigerant?
    r22
    Nothing is magic, it works or doesn't work for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by kklobas View Post
    has anyone used one yet? would u buy again?
    I found that JB sells prowler with two different types of sensors. The old one I guess got a small sensor casing with 3 thin pins and the new one got a larger casing with 6 large pins. Also, you can't interchange the sensors between the different models because the sensor mounting base is different. I found that out when I ordered a replacement sensor from JB and they sent me the large 6 pins and I couldn't install it because mine got 3 pin holes. They said that this is the new type of sensor and would send me the 3 pins as replacement soon for free. To be honest prowler is sensitive to all type of gases aside from refrigerant ones and I didn't like it much compared to tifzx.

Bought tif scales last February, can't keep batteries in it. Other than that is seems to work ok.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwireeferman View Post