Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Contract list the indoor coil as the model you got.
    So your saying as the customer I should of known what my seer rating would of been with that coil or? Do tell what you are saying by that comment other than the obvious. The fact of the matter is it contradicts the other info he put on there does it not?

Quote Originally Posted by mrjasondude View Post
    So your saying as the customer I should of known what my seer rating would of been with that coil or? Do tell what you are saying by that comment other than the obvious. The fact of the matter is it contradicts the other info he put on there does it not?
    Yes, the 16 SEER statement contradicts the evap coil model number he listed. But he installed the items he listed on the contract.

You went to the AHRI site to find out it isn't a 16 SEER rated system. Did you learn to do that before or after he installed it. What prompted you to do that, after the install instead of before the install.

Your not out any extra cost since he installed what he listed. And that is what he priced the job on.

Instead of asking what we think he will do. Just call and politely point out that it doesn't qualify for the tax rebate. And see what he will do.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

"You went to the AHRI site to find out it isn't a 16 SEER rated system. Did you learn to do that before or after he installed it. What prompted you to do that, after the install instead of before the install."

After, so I could get the TAX credit that he wrote on the contract I would get.

"Your not out any extra cost since he installed what he listed. And that is what he priced the job on."

I'm not out the cost of paying a higher premium for 16 seer equipment vs buying cheaper 14 seer which is the current rating my equipment is achieving? Not to mention the energy savings.

"Instead of asking what we think he will do. Just call and politely point out that it doesn't qualify for the tax rebate. And see what he will do."

That's a good idea thanks.

This is really good practice for when I talk to him, keep 'em coming.

He wrote that it qualifies for up to $500 in tax credits but it doesn't. So even though the coil matches what he got, he didn't deliver a system that gets the tax credits he led the HO to believe it did. Now, since he wrote "up to" that could legally get him out of it... but likely not ethically.

That is true, however the word "qualifies" would negate "up to" meaningless. Another contradiction I would think but I'm no lawyer so you very well might be right.

I am going to call him today I will let you guys know what comes of it if anything.

Thanks for all the input so far.

-Update
    Just called left the information with one of his girls, said hes going to call me back so that's good so far.

I still believe dealer should either give you the expected tax credit or make the equipment change that would qualify for tax credit. One or the other.

IMO

[I]

I'm not out the cost of paying a higher premium for 16 seer equipment vs buying cheaper 14 seer which is the current rating my equipment is achieving? Not to mention the energy savings.
    The 14 SEER condenser matched with that coil might only be 13.5 SEER.
    Contractor locator map

The 14 SEER condenser matched with that coil might only be 13.5 SEER.
    Well it appears even with a base model unit it can achieve at least 15 seer with same coil from a quick check on AHRI database. Thanks to your comment you encouraged me to look harder, I was able to find a condenser that would bump my system to 16 seer but from my search it appears to be a discontinued model anyone with access can you check for me to be certain , pretty please .

24ACB3 Performance™ 13
    24ACB748A003 - Should be 4 ton right?

AHRI database # 5588688

*crosses fingers*

oh ya btw keep 'em coming.

The contract also states "100% satisfaction guaranteed" tell em your not satisfied thus a breech of contract

Quote Originally Posted by kangaroogod View Post
    The contract also states "100% satisfaction guaranteed" tell em your not satisfied thus a breech of contract
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by kangaroogod View Post
    can only be a breech, if the contractor is given a chance to satisfy him, and doesn't.
    Contractor locator map

can only be a breech, if the contractor is given a chance to satisfy him, and doesn't.
    You seem kinda tense so here's a cat drinking a cold one, what you should be doing right about now.

Name:  blog-funny-pictures.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  24.4 KB

You seem kinda tense so here's a cat drinking a cold one, what you should be doing right about now.

Name:  blog-funny-pictures.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  24.4 KB
    I'm not tense at all.
    Contractor locator map

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast