Factory start ups

Does Carrier or other manufactures use outside contractors for startup and warranty repair?

What type of equipment are you talking about?

When I worked for the OEM not Carrier if we did the start up the warrenty was valid unless we found something wrong with the installation which we could have the power to void the warrenty based on the installation , most contractors did pay for the start up on on any pieces of equipment but there were a few that wanted to do it themself which most likely did have some concerns when somebody wanted to have something covered under warrenty I am sure that they would have had to have all the proper documents to prove that everything was done properly and up to specification.
    Arguing with your Boss is like wrestling with a pig in
    mud.
    After a while you realize that while you are getting
    dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.

It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it
    creative problem solving.

25 years ago we had Bob Hope , Steve Jobs , and Johnny Cash today we have no Hope no Jobs and no Cash !
    I can fix broke but i can't fix stupid !

Carrier mainly and a maybe Trane. I know on carrier and Trane if u have factory startup the warranty is better. I would like to be able to startup carrier (mainly) and have the same warranty as if a factory rep started it up. I am a FAD dealer for carrier. It could get me a lot of work if I could startup carrier and have the same perks as factory? Thanks

This is something you should think long and hard with, I think you can order chillers without factory startup, the warranty could be voided, equipment today is becoming very high tech from everything from mag bearings, electronic xv's, programing, critical charge amounts, oil management, the point I am trying to make is do you think the rewards out way the risks. I have been seeing more and more issues found at start ups that if it were not seen by properly trained techs could have done high dollar damages, one bad job could wipe out all gains for a long time, think very hard on the risks evolved. The area you may want to focus on is in performing the preventive maintenance, just understand the tasks and methods and document very very well.