Confused Quadra fire santa fe not feeding pellets

My Quadra fire Santa Fe stopped feeding pellets and the igniter does not get hot. The fan comes on and the call light lights. I tested all the Snap discs and the vacuum switch. I also by jumped all of them to make sure. I measured the voltage going to the Auger motor and get nothing. I followed it all the way back the red wire on the vacuum and get nothing. I took my control board to a friend who has the same stove and tried it and it worked fine. I have reseated it a few time to make sure. The control board does go through its cycles with the blue light blinking 6 times. Only thing I have not test is the thermocoupler, not sure what I should look for there.

Any Ideas would be much appreciated.

Gary

When you jumped vacuum switch everything worked, or not?

Vacuum switches purpose is to verify proper draft.

Assuming worked with vac switch jumper end, check tube from exhaust blower to vacuum switch and nipple on exhaust blower end. Next would be chimney itself.

You eliminated every possible cause, except bad ignitor and bad auger(which is extremely unlikely) retest your components, sounds like it could be vac switch. also check the high temp disc. The high temp disc on some models have a reset button on them, press it in and if it clicks then that's what happened. And then finally if you can't figure it out out call a qualified company to service it, so you don't do more harm than good and so you don't burn your house down(again extremely unlikely)

Vacuum switch jumped did not make it work

Quote Originally Posted by illfixit View Post
    When you jumped vacuum switch everything worked, or not?

Vacuum switches purpose is to verify proper draft.

Assuming worked with vac switch jumper end, check tube from exhaust blower to vacuum switch and nipple on exhaust blower end. Next would be chimney itself.
    Jumping the vacuum switch or the Discs did not get it to run.

Only thing I can think of to try is have my friend bring his controller board and try in my stove. Maybe I have a bad connection on the bus block. I looked for a broken wire but ever thing seemed fine.

Thanks for all the advice. When I find out what it is I will be sure to post.

G

The thermocouple could be bad also, but you should get a orange light from the control board.

Update on testing

Quote Originally Posted by darthvader View Post
    The thermocouple could be bad also, but you should get a orange light from the control board.
    Had my friend come over with his known good control board and it did not work in my stove. so I bypassed the vacuum switch and both snap discs at the same time (shotgun blast) still did not work. Tested the thermo coupler and it not only tested good with my meter but the green light on the controller came on. We hooked the auger up to a cord and it worked.

So I decided to look at the wiring to see if something just was not hooked up. tested and bunch of different connections, all good.

I am not getting voltage on pin 10 of the circuit board which is what runs the Auger. Assuming the board is good since it did work in another stove. It does cycle up blue light blinks 6 times, combustion motor starts, Call light comes on so I got power to the board. I do not hear that fairly loud click from the relay you hear when the call light comes on.

So the board is not getting a signal it needs to turn on that relay. I don't have a schematic but don't really need one since the board is good. What I could really use is what to look for on the pins of the board. Particularly the inputs. If anybody has that info It would be very helpful.

One more question, I checked the resistance of the igniter and it was 37 ohms. Does that sound about right ?

Thanks again Gary

check the outlet, make sure you are getting ~120v to ground on the hot side and <5v to ground on the neutral side. Is the call light dim by chance? If the wires from the T-stat get grounded on the frame it can cause this, disconnect the T-stat and just the jump the two screws.

The way these stoves work is, when they get the call for heat the control board turns the exhaust fan on and then via the vac makes sure it has vacuum on the system, if it see good vacuum it will then turn the auger on and ignitor. It will turn the auger for set amount of time then it will turn off auger and wait for thermocouple to register that a fire is started. Once it see fire it will go into soft start and feed the auger slowly, then after it sees full temperature it will go into normal run mode.

EDIT 37ohms is good

Will check voltages

Quote Originally Posted by gchase View Post
    Had my friend come over with his known good control board and it did not work in my stove. so I bypassed the vacuum switch and both snap discs at the same time (shotgun blast) still did not work. Tested the thermo coupler and it not only tested good with my meter but the green light on the controller came on. We hooked the auger up to a cord and it worked.

So I decided to look at the wiring to see if something just was not hooked up. tested and bunch of different connections, all good.

I am not getting voltage on pin 10 of the circuit board which is what runs the Auger. Assuming the board is good since it did work in another stove. It does cycle up blue light blinks 6 times, combustion motor starts, Call light comes on so I got power to the board. I do not hear that fairly loud click from the relay you hear when the call light comes on.

So the board is not getting a signal it needs to turn on that relay. I don't have a schematic but don't really need one since the board is good. What I could really use is what to look for on the pins of the board. Particularly the inputs. If anybody has that info It would be very helpful.

One more question, I checked the resistance of the igniter and it was 37 ohms. Does that sound about right ?

Thanks again Gary
    Call light seem bright to me. I will jump the thermostat wires and check the voltages.

How does the controller determine is it has vacuum? the vacumm switch seem to just be a break point going to the Auger. Does it go back to the controller as well?
    That is just what I am looking for. I have the box with the wiring harness and bus unscrewed and opened so I can follow the wires to make sure everybody is plugged in securly. So far everything checks out.

gchase, this has drifted well into DIY territory, which is not allowed by Site Rules. You are beyond the point you need a qualified technician to work on your pellet stove. If you can qualify for Pro status, register there and we can discuss step by step diagnostics in detail but the public forums are limited.
    FYI, your tinkering may have already voided your warranty.
    thanks for your understanding.

Sorry, did not realize

Quote Originally Posted by gchase View Post
    Call light seem bright to me. I will jump the thermostat wires and check the voltages.

How does the controller determine is it has vacuum? the vacumm switch seem to just be a break point going to the Auger. Does it go back to the controller as well?
    That is just what I am looking for. I have the box with the wiring harness and bus unscrewed and opened so I can follow the wires to make sure everybody is plugged in securly. So far everything checks out.
    Not a pro, just an Electrical Engineer trying to fix his stove. I will go it on my own or find another place where I can get more information.

Thanks to all who offerred advice.

Too much DIY.

Thread closed.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?