Hello everyone.

My name is Mike, I am an electrician. I have been doing electrical work for 20 years, for a while I did a lot of control work. I started my own electrical contracting company about 7 years ago and have been doing that ever since. A while back I was planning on doing a lot of split units so I got my Universal License, but I ended up teaming up with an HVAC contractor instead. There is no actual HVAC license in this state (NJ) so I don't know if that is going to change the following question...

I own a condo with an attic above it and I would like to install central AC in it. I will most likely install only the electric myself, I'd rather have a pro do the ductwork and run the lines to make sure it's done right. But I would like to be involved in the planning stages, if for no other reason than my own personal satisfaction. It's only an 800sqft 1 bedroom unit so I assume it won't be too big of a project, but it's still one of those things that I like to do.

My question is whether I can ask my questions here at this forum? I am a member of many electrical forums and DIYers always come on and ask electrical questions against the rules, so I just wanted to see if my questions would be breaking the forums of this forum.

Thanks!