Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Most of my colleagues have the ZX1. Several tried the Informant 2 and hated it. About worthless for 410 they found. A couple still use the DTek select.

Quote Originally Posted by BenRu View Post
    Used the zx-1 and it worked great. Sensor went out more than id like too. Sold that and bought a tif xl1a not a good idea. It wont detect leaks as good as the old zx1.

I'm looking to go back to the zx1 or im giving the Bacharach Informant 2 a try.
    From what I heard there was a sensor manufacturing problem a bit ago.
    When they were made right they lasted a long time.
    Not sure of the problem continues but the last one I got had a date stamped on it
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Mine said 4/12 and I use it year round

Quote Originally Posted by billg View Post
    What color is it? My white one just detects when I bump the tip but never detects leaks. What it really excels in is killing batteries. Best detectors I have found are H10 and tifzx.
    White one is garbage IMO. Never could get the white dtek select to work properly. The grey one with blue back works flawlessly for me though. I have heard some mention about an improved tip that can be had for free somewhere to fix a known issue, but mine worked fine from the start. Just keep it charged and your good to go. Stay away from the white Dtek selects!

I swear by my H10; its never let me down. I tried a couple of battery jobs but never could trust them; just went off for no apparent reason even when not close to unit.

Some people say power for H10 is a problem, but I made a 480v-110v, 100va transformer pack with leads and a 110 receptacle to plug in the H10.

I've also had good luck with ultrasonic leak detectors. I once picked up the sound of a leak from 20 feet away from the evaporator coil with the cover still on the unit. The coil had a teeny scrape on the ubend from when the coil was installed; probably scraped it on the edge of the cabinet; barely visible and didn't even have any oil around the leak; barely showed up with soap.

Just last Thursday I located a tiny pisher on a TXV pilot tube; could barely make any bubbles on that one either.
    JUST A LITTLE CLOSER AND THE LITTER BOX IS ALL MINE!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12