AC runs about 30 minutes then shuts down

This is on a 410A Goodman 3 ton system. The pressure are normal and cooling but within a half hour the pressures on the low side go up to about 150 and the high side exceeds 600. Is this unit out of refrigerant? I told my daughter, the owner to shut it down so as to not hurt the compressor.

Everything clean? Overcharged? Amp draw? Super heat subcool?

Probably over charged.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

I would say over charged. Or fan motor cutting out(i. E. bearings)

Moisture in the system causing freezing/blockage in the refrigerant system or a defective reversing valve....hmmm The CU fan turning slow do to a defective run cap....

As we know here, we seldom get the correct symptoms until after the problem is solved, which causes these weird\out of the box questions and answers.

To the OP, how long is the unit off before restarting it and it "cools" for another half hour? What do you mean when you state the unit "shut's Down". The compressors internal Thermal of pressure protection circuits come to mind.

Ill take "problems caused by lack of air flow and dirt at the condenser" for $800 Alex.

Checked out the AC this morning and it is running normal. Compressor amps OK, Fan amps OK, contactor and capacitor are normal. Superheat is about 7 and sub cool is about 7 which both are a little low. I haven't done anything to it at this point, thought I would clean the condenser coil to see if the previously stated problem could be improved. What do you think. AC tech will probably be here in the morning to check it.

Quote Originally Posted by riderman View Post
    Moisture in the system causing freezing/blockage in the refrigerant system or a defective reversing valve....hmmm The CU fan turning slow do to a defective run cap....

As we know here, we seldom get the correct symptoms until after the problem is solved, which causes these weird\out of the box questions and answers.

To the OP, how long is the unit off before restarting it and it "cools" for another half hour? What do you mean when you state the unit "shut's Down". The compressors internal Thermal of pressure protection circuits come to mind.
    Nailed it.