Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    In Europe and Japan Daikin is considered the best brand, and they have only mini-splits. I don't know how Daikin aquisition of Goodman will affect the quality, but to me you can not go wrong with Daikin

Daikan minis are nice, equal to Mitsubishi IMO.

A lot of daikins in around europe if you look up a particular european forum you should find all you need to know,cant comment myself as have not worked on many of them

Daikin is in the top 3 in quality.......and price.

I've worked with more of their VRV systems than the mini splits. The only issues have been installation induced.

Quote Originally Posted by geoLV View Post
    In Europe and Japan Daikin is considered the best brand, and they have only mini-splits.
    And full blown commercial VRV systems, and ducted inverter drive systems with a conventional air handler, and the Altherma water heating/hydro heating/cooling system, and....
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

did they buy goodman?

Yes, Daiken bought Goodman. Be interesting to see what changes happen to Goodman products.

Someone said they expect to see Daiken compressors in them. I believe Daiken makes refrigerants; if they make R-410 units will probably be supplied with Daiken freon in them.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

I thought so. Goodman here has a big push on the mini splits, figured there was a reason

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    .... I can.

Although it does not seem will be top-rated, the last three KLIMAIRE's installed at the 3 customer decisions, were flared well enough.

Working in a metal fatigue labe, no-skiv 3500 psi, I start with just enough to not leak-- in the torque catagory.

I also showed a corporate OEM how a PLUMBER that was a geothermal dealer of some reputable successes, tokk a nearly invisible smear of tfe blue pipe sealer to his flares every time.

The well known OEM in hand assembling 180 deg ambient steel mill A/C units for operating mechanics in 'cokpit' driver's seats uses less leaklock - brittlizing (sp) more than the tfe smear pipe dope.

AGAIN - barely visible, and not near enough to openings to need be a part of the evacuations---

0 flare leak-failures, but just snug enough- to an acceptable tightness and longevity
    ... however, much work still needs to be done.
    CLOSED LOOP newer ratings are listed, but in numerical EER's Closed- is posted below OPEN LOOP EER's:

http://www.energystar.gov/productfin...r=0&lastpage=1

MINI's?
    of the thread:

IF APPLICABLE ----------

some fitting in where a mini may first be considered, one may but not really want an outdoor piece of equipment:

As MOST contractors are seeing, as many already have successfully applied:
    Many geothermal-hp consoles with a single Energy-Star(tm) sized [performance contract guaranteed] loops outside, a ground loop large enough--- consoles have more and less to offer over mini's; horizontal closet units; 3-Sided corner- standing consoles 2- 5 compressor tons (size 6's) and more.

They also have HW heat recovery in small to large-instant on demand and operate 100% in cooling and some in heating modes- sharing BTUhs, then.

zoning the refrigerant inseries off of the fancoil HVAC section in a cabinet-ed GHP --- there is a sharing with the blower, reducing fan use to allow for Chilled and HW to zone- off the system to mini-like split fan-coil locations WITHOUT purchasing additional Water:water chiller/heater GHP's.

That feature works well in some comm apps WITHOUT Geo-T loops at all, allowing (horizontal too) "GHP" to just distribute heat-recovery to HW preheating while a space need cool/DeHum or reversing to pull heat from some space, then distribute heat for some other reason/ radiant high-mass and low, or Air distribution, etc.
    ... however, much work still needs to be done.
    CLOSED LOOP newer ratings are listed, but in numerical EER's Closed- is posted below OPEN LOOP EER's:

http://www.energystar.gov/productfin...r=0&lastpage=1

Is it just me, or do a lot of GT1980's posts read like the output from a "jargon generator"?
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

The posts in question, to me, do not read very well... I doubt I would hire someone that talked like that to even do my yard. Seriously not professional.
    And the attitude... well that is why he is on ignore... the attitude.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    Is it just me, or do a lot of GT1980's posts read like the output from a "jargon generator"?
    Yep every one I read is hard to follow and makes very little sense... I don't think he's from around here.

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    They make perfect sense.... to someone....maybe....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast