Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BLOWER WONT STOP

Rudd JGDG075AUER serCB5D302F38951719 After A/C hits its set point,Cond. shuts down blower keeps going. Remove 24v at board feeding stat,not that. Pull blower wire at "cool",nope! pulled blower wire at "heat" bingo! Got to thinking..,are hi limits etc. active in A/C call? in this unit they are. I had 24v.at all safty switches. They all tested Ok. BAD BOARD was my first and still diagnoses. Records show this is the 3rd board in as many years! I also checked voltage of unused blower wires while running in A/c mode.One to the heat spade was 115v,other 2 on park pins were 160v! ( is this normal,or do I have a blower that needs an exorcism?

Are the replacement boards aftermarket or oem? I had the same issue with an oem board and replaced it with a honeywell s920u. The honenywell has jumper wires and dip switch that need to set. What about polarity? Sounds like a stuck relay.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicmuffin View Post
    Rudd JGDG075AUER serCB5D302F38951719 After A/C hits its set point,Cond. shuts down blower keeps going. Remove 24v at board feeding stat,not that. Pull blower wire at "cool",nope! pulled blower wire at "heat" bingo! Got to thinking..,are hi limits etc. active in A/C call? in this unit they are. I had 24v.at all safty switches. They all tested Ok. BAD BOARD was my first and still diagnoses. Records show this is the 3rd board in as many years! I also checked voltage of unused blower wires while running in A/c mode.One to the heat spade was 115v,other 2 on park pins were 160v! ( is this normal,or do I have a blower that needs an exorcism?
    That higher voltage on park terminals is due to the back EMF it is normal. The series safety circuit can be energized at all times, I have seen this with janitrols. Is their more than one safety circuit? Sometimes the liimit switch that sets beside the heat exchanger has its own circuit. It could be open that would keep the fan on constantly.

Its a Honeywell 47-22827-03 board. All safety switches i could find were N/O. I made a second trip back,to verify before ordering board!

Probably a stuck relay on the board, if you install another board, make sure since this is the 3rd board, some "blow and go" tech did not install the wrong hp motor were it's drawing to many amps for the relay on that board, seen this before.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Any signs of water?

BLOWER WONT STOP

Its a Honeywell 47-22827-03 board. All safety switches i could find were N/O. I made a second trip back,to verify before ordering board!
    Only N/O safety switch im aware of is a pressure switch for inducer motor?

Quote Originally Posted by Core_d View Post
    Only N/O safety switch im aware of is a pressure switch for inducer motor?
    Yep. I'd listen to Mr. Bill, especially if the previous boards were replaced for the same reason.

How likely is it a limit would open and stick open during AC season?

Opps they were N.C. switches (good eye). Yes there is some moisture issues,very wet basement!

Any fault codes? Not familiar with this model but is there a discharge air sensor?

Do you hear the fan relay click when the power to the furnace is first energized?
    Another test you can do is take where the power comes into the board and ohm it to the motor output terminal that is staying energized. If it reads shorted the contacts are arced.

Quote Originally Posted by hurtinhvac View Post

How likely is it a limit would open and stick open during AC season?
    True, and for that matter Im sure if cooling would come on with an open limit. Ive been told the blower staying on is to alert the home owner of a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Core_d View Post
    True, and for that matter Im sure if cooling would come on with an open limit. Ive been told the blower staying on is to alert the home owner of a problem.
    Newer systems are cutting the 24V to the thermostat when they hit high limit:
    http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread....1#post14887221

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast