Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast
Results 92 to 104 of 438
  1. #92
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Helena, Montana
    Posts
    2,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Come on. You can't fight. You are supposedly surprised in the dark by a Black youth that you think is a criminal, you are within arms reach, you have a gun on your hip and you don't run, you don't go for your gun, you don't prepare to duck a punch, you reach for your phone? Really? Does that sound the most plausible to you?
    I simply stated that what YOU claim is fact is not true. What somebody would do in you fantasy situation depends on the individual. The only fact that matters now is Zimmerman was found not guilty.
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

  2. #93
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Come on. You can't fight. You are supposedly surprised in the dark by a Black youth that you think is a criminal, you are within arms reach, you have a gun on your hip and you don't run, you don't go for your gun, you don't prepare to duck a punch, you reach for your phone? Really? Does that sound the most plausible to you?
    Sure. Want to be tough guy with courage on his hip finally comes face to face with a scary situation and finds he does not have the balls to get himself out of it. It is only when his brain is rattled enough that he no longer thinks but natural instinct takes over that he pulls it out. Guys like this should not be running around with a gun.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

  3. #94
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Helena, Montana
    Posts
    2,155
    Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Sure. Want to be tough guy with courage on his hip finally comes face to face with a scary situation and finds he does not have the balls to get himself out of it. It is only when his brain is rattled enough that he no longer thinks but natural instinct takes over that he pulls it out. Guys like this should not be running around with a gun.
    So he should not be allowed to defend his life? To turn your entire premise around, if he had not been attacked would he have reached for his gun?
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

  4. #95
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,374
    Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    The only fact that matters now is Zimmerman was found not guilty.
    No. That's the only fact Zimmerman cares about. The bigger fact is that people have opinions of that verdict.

  5. #96
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,374
    Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    So he should not be allowed to defend his life? To turn your entire premise around, if he had not been attacked would he have reached for his gun?
    We don't know when he reached for his gun.

  6. #97
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Helena, Montana
    Posts
    2,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    No. That's the only fact Zimmerman cares about. The bigger fact is that people have opinions of that verdict.
    Opinion is not fact. Period. End of story. You are free to have opinions, but at least have enough common sense to not declare them factual.
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

  7. #98
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Helena, Montana
    Posts
    2,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    We don't know when he reached for his gun.
    I didn't say he did. Seems you still have reading comprehension problems. I was following Printer's hypothetical situation.
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

  8. #99
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,374
    Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    if he had not been attacked would he have reached for his gun?
    Let me be more clear. It is my opinion that it was Zimmerman reaching for his gun, or the impression that he was going for a weapon that instigated the first punch. At least it would for me if I was in that situation.

  9. #100
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,550
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Let me be more clear. It is my opinion that it was Zimmerman reaching for his gun, or the impression that he was going for a weapon that instigated the first punch. At least it would for me if I was in that situation.

    Funny if that was the "case" then why didn't Zimbo use his gun before he was getting his head caved in on the curb by Martin on top of him. That would have been the logical thing to do there now but that's right liberals don't use logic just emotions and correct PC thoughts. We all know that and you will never change. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  10. #101
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,020
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Funny if that was the "case" then why didn't Zimbo use his gun before he was getting his head caved in on the curb by Martin on top of him. That would have been the logical thing to do there now but that's right liberals don't use logic just emotions and correct PC thoughts. We all know that and you will never change. Thank you, thank you very much
    Yes, that would have been the logical thing to do IF Zim had his gun pulled before Trev pounded him into the ground... So logic would dictate he did NOT have his gun pulled until he was already on the ground with a physically superior opponent on top of him and his life was in danger.
    What liberals refuse to see (I believe it is by choice) is that the LARGE majority of CCW folks are reasonable and logical folks WITH huge amounts of training. The Rambo types are well less than 1% of the entire CCW community. (And would not those of us who ARE in the community know better than the ones on the outside making guesses and accusations?)

    MeThinks liberals are like children... driven by their emotions. When they start to actually think... they realize they have made fools of themselves... and usually go hide (or leave forums).
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  11. #102
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,374
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Funny if that was the "case" then why didn't Zimbo use his gun before he was getting his head caved in on the curb by Martin on top of him. That would have been the logical thing to do there now but that's right liberals don't use logic just emotions and correct PC thoughts. We all know that and you will never change. Thank you, thank you very much
    Of all the people on this forum, you think I am PC? Maybe you need to look up the definition.

    The only thing about my theory that doesn't make sense to me is that if they were fighting over the gun, that it didn't fire as they were fighting for it. But the screaming heard could have been from either one that both knew someone was about to die.

  12. #103
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,374
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post

    MeThinks liberals are like children... driven by their emotions. When they start to actually think... they realize they have made fools of themselves... and usually go hide (or leave forums).
    And 'ignore' people.

  13. #104
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,933
    • Had Zimmerman not taken a disliking to Martin, no one would be dead and no criminal activity would have occurred that night in Zimmville.
    • Had Zimmerman heeded the advice of the 9-11 operator, no one would be dead and no criminal activity would have occurred that night in Zimmville.
    • Had Zimmerman announced to Martin who he was and why he was interested in Martin, most likely no one would be dead and no criminal activity would have occurred that night in Zimmville.
    • If Zimmerman did not exist, no one would be dead and no criminal activity would have occurred that night in Zimmville.


    There is certainly a common factor to why someone was killed that night.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event