Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast
Results 79 to 91 of 438
  1. #79
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    So back to my original question (that no one on either side answered). Would he been less inclined to get out of his car to confront the kid if he did not have a gun? I know I would think twice and wait for the cops. So what lessons should your society take from this incident? That as long as you have a gun you can get yourself out of a sticky situation? That you can put yourself in danger because you can get out of it with the wave of your barrel, or if it gets to it the pull of a trigger?

    Would any of you put yourself in that kind of situation knowing that you will kill someone tonight?
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

  2. #80
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Helena, Montana
    Posts
    2,155
    Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    So back to my original question (that no one on either side answered). Would he been less inclined to get out of his car to confront the kid if he did not have a gun? I know I would think twice and wait for the cops. So what lessons should your society take from this incident? That as long as you have a gun you can get yourself out of a sticky situation? That you can put yourself in danger because you can get out of it with the wave of your barrel, or if it gets to it the pull of a trigger?

    Would any of you put yourself in that kind of situation knowing that you will kill someone tonight?
    You are buying into the liberal viewpoint that his goal was to confront, not keep track of for reporting purposes. I can't answer for Zimmerman, but in my neighborhood yes I would keep track of suspicious people walking around so I could report it, armed or not. I lean towards it being my civic duty as I would want my neighbors to do the same for me.
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

  3. #81
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,014
    When folks live in fear (that is, are afraid), they tend to make decisions based on ultimate safety... rather than what is the best thing to do.

    Example: A fearful person may avoid the expressways, even if it wastes lots of time and fuel commuting from one side of town to the other... simply because of that anxious feeling in their tummy that says... I might get hurt on that road. I am not saying everyone should drive on the expressways... what I am saying is to be aware of why oneself makes a decision and why... it is called honesty with oneself.

    On the topic of Trev and Zimm.... it is obvious to me Trev was looking for trouble and Zimm was looking for folks that are looking for trouble (what a neighborhood watch person does... DUH). Problem was... they found each other.

    Unless we can get into Trev's head (not likely now), we will never know what he was indeed thinking and why he decided to go back and confront Zimm... yes, Trev DID go back and confront Zimm... regardless of what some sources want folks to believe.

    If Trev had been literally running for his life and Zimm had caught up to him (VERY unlikely for a fat old man to catch a healthy teem), and if Zimm had been the one on top of Trev beating his face into the ground (which the evidence suggests was the opposite--Trev was on top of Zimm and beating his face into the ground)... well that may be different.

    The facts are clear as sunshine to anyone who is not intentionally choosing to not want to believe them. All GA has to say is: Denial is not a river in Egypt, it is a choice that ALWAYS has dire consequences. If one chooses to live in denial, then they deserve to experience the consequences.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  4. #82
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,546
    Treyvon was never afraid on Zimbo. If a Black dude was following him then he could have been but that is not PC. He was angry that the man was checking him out and that got him killed. Thank you, thank you very much

  5. #83
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,014
    Here is some cannon fodder for you guys to pitch around:

    Seems Jeantel thinks Trev thought (or maybe she planted the idea in his head... we will never know): he (Trev) had to defend himself from a 'white gay rapist'. Yeah, that is more over the top than a fat old man catching a teen running from him...

    http://www.mediaite.com/tv/piers-mor...achel-jeantel/

    Yet it seems over the top does not matter anymore... What matters is what folks 'want' to believe.

    Ever stop and think what would happen if everyone refused to believe anything real... How long before the human race self-destructed?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  6. #84
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    You are buying into the liberal viewpoint that his goal was to confront, not keep track of for reporting purposes. I can't answer for Zimmerman, but in my neighborhood yes I would keep track of suspicious people walking around so I could report it, armed or not. I lean towards it being my civic duty as I would want my neighbors to do the same for me.
    No, I am not saying he went to confront Trev. I am saying it starts much sooner, when Zimmy is in his house and picks up his gun. It is then that a good citizen doing their civic duty should ask themselves, under what conditions will I decide to kill another person. Will I kill another person if they are endangering another person? Will I kill another person if they endanger my life? Is there an option that I can take that will prevent me from taking someone's life. I think Zimmy was totally unprepared to be in the role that he put himself in and because of it a person's life is lost.

    Maybe I am just getting cautious in my old age, maybe the years have shown me how things can go wrong so quickly. Probably a good thing I did not have guns when I was in my 20's, there were times that things might have got out of hand if I did. Strapping on a cloak if invincibility does wonders for your courage. It also reduces the need to think things through. I bet most of the people that unwillingly took another life have said afterwards, 'I never thought it would get that far', whether it is shooting someone or drinking and driving.

    Zimmy was doing his civic duty taking his turn on the neighborhood watch. Did he need to track Trev, that is a tossup. Did he need to get out of his car and continue to track him? Would he have done it if he did not have his gun to keep himself safe? So now that this incident has happened, will other citizens on neighborhood watch duty think twice of the consequences of pursuing a person in their neighborhood that has not committed a crime? Or would they go in knowing if they handle things badly and someone gets killed, that the surviving party will be able to say, I was just defending myself?
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

  7. #85
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Here is some cannon fodder for you guys to pitch around:

    Seems Jeantel thinks Trev thought (or maybe she planted the idea in his head... we will never know): he (Trev) had to defend himself from a 'white gay rapist'. Yeah, that is more over the top than a fat old man catching a teen running from him...

    http://www.mediaite.com/tv/piers-mor...achel-jeantel/


    Yet it seems over the top does not matter anymore... What matters is what folks 'want' to believe.

    Ever stop and think what would happen if everyone refused to believe anything real... How long before the human race self-destructed?
    You seemed much more normal two years ago.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

  8. #86
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    4,369
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

  9. #87
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,368
    Quote Originally Posted by kls-ccc View Post
    Yeah, you don't know me. I don't go out of my way to offend anyone but I also don't try to pussyfoot around where they don't know where I stand. For example I have never called anyone on this site an effin idiot, but I think they know when I disagree with them. The fact is there are people from all backgrounds on this site, I don't know what it is, and don't really care. There are some on this site I don't care for because of their attitude. You think if I saw they were the same race, religion, etc. as me I would suddenly like them. Sorry, it doesn't work that way with me. The thing is as far as I'm concerned you don't have to be Caucasian to be "white trash", or black to be a "n"word. That's my opinion, if you don't like it, that's fine, I don't have to like your either. As long as we continue to be PC we stay further apart. I'm tired of trying to figure out what to call people so I'm going with the definition "IF you were born in this country your American, not black, not African American, not Italian American, not Indian American, not Hispanic, etc., but AMERICAN. If you don't want to be American or that term offends you then get the hell out. If you weren't born here but you came here legally, "Welcome", but if you didn't come here legally, get the hell out and come back when you can do it legally. I could go on and on but I think anyone with a brain gets the point.
    I don't completely follow your post. Are you saying a person's appearance gives you no indication of what kind of person they are? That, for the purpose of reading someone, people look like clones to you until they begin to display actions? If so, let me paraphrase what the biggest anti-White bigot, Rev. Jessie Jackson, once said publicly against his own race. "I am not proud of the fact that I feel more threatened being followed at night by a group of Black youths than a group of White youths".

    He obviously regretted saying it when he took hell from the Black community. But he said it nonetheless.

    So where did that statement come from and is anyone who feels that a delusional bigot? And in his case, a pro-White bigot?

  10. #88
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,368
    I only watched the first five minutes but he is clearly biased because he chose to list all Zimmerman's strong points and Martin's weak points. How do you fairly compare two people like that? Besides, Zimmerman didn't know anything about Martin's past when he typecast him that night. Zimmerman lucked out that Martin turned out to have a dirtbag past.

    I haven't been in a fist fight since high school but if someone followed me into a dark area, didn't identify themselves, then reached for something (probably his gun), I'd probably clock him too.

    Just because Martin is a fighter doesn't mean his first punch was unjustified.

    The start and purpose of the fight was not proven beyond a reasonable doubt. If Zimmerman took the stand, it likely would have been.

  11. #89
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,368
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    (VERY unlikely for a fat old man to catch a healthy teen)
    A twenty-eight year old cyclist will whip the hell out of any seventeen year old in top speed and endurance. And Zimmerman was not a 'fat old man' back then...not that you comprehend opposing facts.

    Go ahead, tell me they weren't cycling. Oh, that's right, you have me on 'ignore' because I'm not one of your students.

  12. #90
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Helena, Montana
    Posts
    2,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    I only watched the first five minutes but he is clearly biased because he chose to list all Zimmerman's strong points and Martin's weak points. How do you fairly compare two people like that? Besides, Zimmerman didn't know anything about Martin's past when he typecast him that night. Zimmerman lucked out that Martin turned out to have a dirtbag past.

    I haven't been in a fist fight since high school but if someone followed me into a dark area, didn't identify themselves, then reached for something (probably his gun), I'd probably clock him too.

    Just because Martin is a fighter doesn't mean his first punch was unjustified.

    The start and purpose of the fight was not proven beyond a reasonable doubt. If Zimmerman took the stand, it likely would have been.
    Nor does it mean his first punch was justified.
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

  13. #91
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,368
    Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    Nor does it mean his first punch was justified.
    Come on. You can't fight. You are supposedly surprised in the dark by a Black youth that you think is a criminal, you are within arms reach, you have a gun on your hip and you don't run, you don't go for your gun, you don't prepare to duck a punch, you reach for your phone? Really? Does that sound the most plausible to you?

Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event