Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete838 View Post
    Well, the 17 year old would have been carrying a concealed weapon illegally, to begin with, as Florida doesn't issue CCW permits to anyone under 21. Putting that issue aside, by Florida law it is felony aggravated assault to draw a weapon and point it at someone without justifiable cause. Someone merely approaching you is not such cause. If Martin would have drawn a weapon (in lieu of physically assaulting Z) then it would have been aggravated assault on Z unless Z had done (or was about to do) something illegal (which the jury found that he did not). At that point Z would have had cause to pull his weapon and shoot. If Martin would have shot Z for simply following or approaching him he would be indictable for murder or manslaughter, and if Z would have fired in response to having a weapon pulled on him it would again be justified.
    The simple truth, as determined by a jury, is that TM introduced violence into an otherwise non-violent situation. It is incredibly unfortunate for him and his family that the victim of his assault was legally armed.
    Thanks for the legal definition, but if both had firearms I have a feeling the outcome would have been different.

Look at all the libs grasping for straws.

A racist black teenager attacked a half Mexican dude and got shot.

Moral of the story...don't go messing with people because you never know who's packin.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    Thanks for the legal definition, but if both had firearms I have a feeling the outcome would have been different.
    If I were to draw imaginary conclusions like Brian, the outcome would have been Trayvon shooting Zimmerman from behind a bush and running away. One attacked and one didn't.
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    If I were to draw imaginary conclusions like Brian, the outcome would have been Trayvon shooting Zimmerman from behind a bush and running away. One attacked and one didn't.
    I agree that Z would be 6 feet under and the kid would have run like his a$$ was on fire. But with the way it turned out it would appear one was the hunter and the other the hunted .

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Brian, you are a hopeless liberal well beyond reason and logic. Wasting our time here trying to explain anything to you. Geez. Thank you, thank you very much
    Glenn, you didn't even know that Zimmerman reached for his pocket when they first met. Furthermore, when you got schooled on that fact you couldn't find it within yourself to recant your poke at me.

Your liberal, conservative, commie mindset is what I find hopeless. You know something, I hate black thugs just as much as you do. Maybe more. But this carte blanc attitude conservatives seem to have about going out shooting them creates the divide that is ruining this nation. Maybe if you lead by example by throwing out your bad apples, like Zimmerman, it might bleed off onto the liberals. Then they might throw out some of their bad apples like JJ and AS.

IMO you fuel this divide that is ruining this country while thinking you are the last great hope.

BTW - This isn't about reason and logic. Those exist on a sliding scale. It's what resides in your heart and ones ability to look at the bigger picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post

On another note, can anyone imagine how you would reach a gun on your back hip when someone is kneeling over you with knees in your armpits raining punches onto your face?
    Funny, those with all the "reason and logic" can't answer this one.

Looks like the folk hero of the Rock era and REAL Americans has an opinion on this fiasco:

http://rare.us/story/nugent-zimmerma...-self-defense/

Exert:
    And so it was for a few weeks until the race-baiting industry saw an opportunity to further the racist careers of Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, the Black Panthers. President Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder, et al, who then swept down on the Florida community refusing to admit that the 17-year-old dope smoking, racist gangsta wannabe Trayvon Martin was at all responsible for his bad decisions and standard modus operendi of always taking the violent route.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

My personal conclusion from this incident-"It is better to be judged by six women than carried by six friends"

[QUOTE=Brian GC;16235701] I hate black thugs just as much as you do.

Right there is the race problem! What difference does it make if the thug is black, white, green, striped, or have a religious background. They are a thug, period. As such they need to be dealt with. That doesn't mean go out and shot every one of them, but it does mean get them off the street.

I try to look at everybody as pink on the inside, what's on the outside is their actions. If the actions are bad, they need to go. End of story.

As far as Martin goes, I don't know if he was a good kid or not. it was a tragedy that he got shot, but from some of the things I've heard I think he probably would have gotten shot by some one else sooner or later anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    "reaching for his phone" is rather different than Then Zimmerman made a threatening move by immediately reaching for something in his pocket...
    Many a man has died reaching into his pocket at a time when his hands should be out in the open.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

The Lord must have a special job for Trayvon...... thats why he called him home so early.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    The Lord must have a special job for Trayvon...... thats why he called him home so early.
    Yep. Clean up aisle 5. But wait, he didn't have a job, did he?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    "Reaching for his phone" should be taken with a grain of salt.

On another note, can anyone imagine how you would reach a gun on your back hip when someone is kneeling over you with knees in your armpits raining punches onto your face?
    Simply reach his hand under martin's shin and grab it?
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast