Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast
    I realize the Zimmerman put on some weight from the time of the incident and the trial, but you mean to tell me that a 17 year old kid can't out run a out of shape guy any day of the week. If Martin would have just keep walking nothing would have happened.

I don't care who they are, if anyone starts a fight with me, they get what they get. We'll sort out ages, colors, religious beliefs, political leanings, and all the small things when it's over.
    Nemo me impune lacessit.

How much blood do I have to bathe in to get clean?

Don't look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    WHAT? How do you follow someone in that way and reach into your pocket in a non-threatening way?

I thought you gun toters were exceptionally aware people? Your statement shows otherwise.
    Funny Brian, in a non PC discussion, we could easily say the only reason Trevan would have any fear for his safety would be if another Black man were following him.

He appeared to upset that "man" was following him and didn't care to explain what he was up to. So he attack Zim intent on murdering him or doing serious harm. Thank you very much

So I have to ask, where have you guys been during the trial if you never heard that?

With a simple search these are quotes from the trial. Scroll down to 'Updated at 3:54 pm ET' http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/11/justic...-trial-updates

It must be straight from Zimmerman's mouth since he's the only one able to talk about it. He said he was "reaching for his phone"... a very convenient excuse.

And yes, a retraction of your comments are in order.
    "reaching for his phone" is rather different than Then Zimmerman made a threatening move by immediately reaching for something in his pocket...
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"I say we just nuke them from space, that is the only way to be sure". Winch from ALIENS, forgot her name.

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

My front door is locked. For your personal protection.

Has anybody answered the question why Zimmerman got out of his car? Sorry if this has been answered before - haven't been following this mess very closely. I get the impression that the guy was tracking the kid with the intention of approaching him - sounds like a vigilante type.

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    "reaching for his phone" is rather different than Then Zimmerman made a threatening move by immediately reaching for something in his pocket...
    "Reaching for his phone" should be taken with a grain of salt.

On another note, can anyone imagine how you would reach a gun on your back hip when someone is kneeling over you with knees in your armpits raining punches onto your face?

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    Has anybody answered the question why Zimmerman got out of his car? Sorry if this has been answered before - haven't been following this mess very closely. I get the impression that the guy was tracking the kid with the intention of approaching him - sounds like a vigilante type.
    There is nothing illegal about approaching someone. There is something illegal about assaulting someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete838 View Post
    There is nothing illegal about approaching someone.
    Is there nothing odd or suspicious about following and approaching someone too?

If it happened to me, I'd turn and confront them too. Maybe all you guys would run.

Is there nothing odd or suspicious about following and approaching someone too?

If it happened to me, I'd turn and confront them too. Maybe all you guys would run.
    OK, confronting someone is not illegal either if it is strictly verbal and no threats of imminent bodily harm are involved. Or by confront do you mean violently assault? If that is the case then you may meet the same fate as that young man did.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete838 View Post
    There is nothing illegal about approaching someone. There is something illegal about assaulting someone.
    How do you suppose this would have turned out if the kid was carrying? Shoot out at the OK Corral?

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    How do you suppose this would have turned out if the kid was carrying? Shoot out at the OK Corral?
    Well, the 17 year old would have been carrying a concealed weapon illegally, to begin with, as Florida doesn't issue CCW permits to anyone under 21. Putting that issue aside, by Florida law it is felony aggravated assault to draw a weapon and point it at someone without justifiable cause. Someone merely approaching you is not such cause. If Martin would have drawn a weapon (in lieu of physically assaulting Z) then it would have been aggravated assault on Z unless Z had done (or was about to do) something illegal (which the jury found that he did not). At that point Z would have had cause to pull his weapon and shoot. If Martin would have shot Z for simply following or approaching him he would be indictable for murder or manslaughter, and if Z would have fired in response to having a weapon pulled on him it would again be justified.

The simple truth, as determined by a jury, is that TM introduced violence into an otherwise non-violent situation. It is incredibly unfortunate for him and his family that the victim of his assault was legally armed.

I find it amazing that this highly controversial event is so clear in so many people's minds. If you really can separate the smoke from the mirrors, maybe you should be daytraders... it's much more lucrative than HVAC.

I did my weekly duty yesterday and listened to Hannity. A Prosecutor that called in walked all over him and he was too dense to even realize it. IMO, many here continually repeat the Hannity diatribe.

Brian, you are a hopeless liberal well beyond reason and logic. Wasting our time here trying to explain anything to you. Geez. Thank you, thank you very much

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast