Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast
Results 27 to 39 of 438
  1. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,378
    Zimmerman deserved to die before Martin.

    When Zimmerman faced off with Martin, Martin did exactly what most of us would do. He said "what's your problem". Then Zimmerman made a threatening move by immediately reaching for something in his pocket...probably his gun. Regardless if he was going for his gun, Martin should assume Zimmerman was going for a weapon and should be preempted. So tell me, who here would stand idly by and let a guy follow, approach and then reach for something in his pocket without a reaction from you? Not me. If there was ever a time to fight, it would be that instant. If there was ever a time to reach for your piece, it would be that instant, and I guarantee, if you saw his gun you could and would shoot him on the spot.

    He who lives by the sword, should die by the sword. Zimmerman introduced the gun. It should have been used on him.

    BTW - The jurors were originally two for murder 2 and one for manslaughter. I guess they just wanted to go home.

  2. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    10,026
    Then Zimmerman made a threatening move by immediately reaching for something in his pocket...

    Says who? Your speculation?
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    "I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

  3. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Zimmerman deserved to die before Martin.

    When Zimmerman faced off with Martin, Martin did exactly what most of us would do. He said "what's your problem". Then Zimmerman made a threatening move by immediately reaching for something in his pocket...probably his gun. Regardless if he was going for his gun, Martin should assume Zimmerman was going for a weapon and should be preempted. So tell me, who here would stand idly by and let a guy follow, approach and then reach for something in his pocket without a reaction from you? Not me. If there was ever a time to fight, it would be that instant. If there was ever a time to reach for your piece, it would be that instant, and I guarantee, if you saw his gun you could and would shoot him on the spot.

    He who lives by the sword, should die by the sword. Zimmerman introduced the gun. It should have been used on him.

    BTW - The jurors were originally two for murder 2 and one for manslaughter. I guess they just wanted to go home.
    Geez Brian, I hope you never throw stones at someone accused of being prejudiced. Glad you weren’t on that jury inventing your own “facts” in your head there.

    There is no evidence to support what you said. The only evidence given supported Zimmerman’s account of what happened.

    That’s why I believe that “liberals” shouldn’t be allowed to serve on juries. Especially in a murder case. Gee whiz. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  4. #30
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    tallahassee,fl
    Posts
    380
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Geez Brian, I hope you never throw stones at someone accused of being prejudiced. Glad you weren’t on that jury inventing your own “facts” in your head there.

    There is no evidence to support what you said. The only evidence given supported Zimmerman’s account of what happened.

    That’s why I believe that “liberals” shouldn’t be allowed to serve on juries. Especially in a murder case. Gee whiz. Thank you, thank you very much
    +1, it's like these people didn't even watch the trial. Make up imaginary evidence and then believe it as fact. Unbelievable. People like this scare the s outta me.

  5. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,378
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Then Zimmerman made a threatening move by immediately reaching for something in his pocket...

    Says who? Your speculation?
    Maybe I have been dreaming this whole case but I have heard at least ten times that Zimmerman immediately reached for his pocket after Martin said "what's your problem". Maybe it's one of the many statements that were later changed by Zimmerman realizing it would give Martin reason to attack him.

    So tell me. You guys have never heard that Zimmerman reached for his pocket? Really?

    On another note. When a juror says Zimmerman went "above and beyond" as a neighborhood watch person she is essentially saying it's ok to stereotype young black kids in hoodies, regardless if they are doing something wrong. I bet she wouldn't say that if Zimmerman followed and killed her son for doing nothing wrong.

  6. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,378
    So I have to ask, where have you guys been during the trial if you never heard that?

    With a simple search these are quotes from the trial. Scroll down to 'Updated at 3:54 pm ET' http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/11/justic...-trial-updates

    It must be straight from Zimmerman's mouth since he's the only one able to talk about it. He said he was "reaching for his phone"... a very convenient excuse.

    And yes, a retraction of your comments are in order.

  7. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Helena, Montana
    Posts
    2,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    So I have to ask, where have you guys been during the trial if you never heard that?

    With a simple search these are quotes from the trial. Scroll down to 'Updated at 3:54 pm ET' http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/11/justic...-trial-updates

    It must be straight from Zimmerman's mouth since he's the only one able to talk about it. He said he was "reaching for his phone"... a very convenient excuse.

    And yes, a retraction of your comments are in order.
    So you claim Zimmerman described his reaching for his phone as a threatening move?
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

  8. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    325
    So, if I reach into my pocket does that give you the right to assault me? I'm sure that would get you shot by the police, but they shoot anyone for anything, even if they're at the wrong house and you're lying in bed unarmed.

    And who keeps their gun in their pocket? If I was carrying it would be in a waistband holster.

  9. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,378
    And another question for you clear thinking conservatives. How would Zimmerman reach his gun if Martin's knees were in Zimmerman's armpits raining down punches on his face? How did Zimmerman reach around Martin's leg all the way to his rear hip? Maybe they should have done a re-enactment of that move. Seems physically impossible.

  10. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,378
    Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    So you claim Zimmerman described his reaching for his phone as a threatening move?
    HELL YES!!! Right up until I see what he's reaching for. Do that in front of a cop and see what happens.

    Aren't you a gun toter? You're saying you'd let a guy pull something from his pocket in a situation like that before you drew your weapon? Well Martin didn't have a weapon. All he had was his fist.

  11. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,378
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete838 View Post
    So, if I reach into my pocket does that give you the right to assault me?
    Yes. Figuring in the fact that Zimmerman was the aggressor up to that point by following by car and then by foot into a dark secluded area. Why should Martin trust Zimmerman under those conditions? Zimmerman never identified himself by uniform or verbally. Zimmerman deserved to have his nose broken and when the gun appeared on the scene, whenever that was, it was game-on to the death.

    That's probably whey they were screaming. They knew someone was about to die.

  12. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Helena, Montana
    Posts
    2,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    HELL YES!!! Right up until I see what he's reaching for. Do that in front of a cop and see what happens.

    Aren't you a gun toter? You're saying you'd let a guy pull something from his pocket in a situation like that before you drew your weapon? Well Martin didn't have a weapon. All he had was his fist.
    Well at least you are consistent. You still choose not to read what is written. Zimmerman did not say he reached in a threatening way, you did. Therefore, the evidence presented in the case was not that he made a threatening move to his pocket. Big difference that, as usual, you can't/won't comprehend.

    I would be cautious but would not attack someone just for reaching in their pocket.
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

  13. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,378
    Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    Zimmerman did not say he reached in a threatening way...
    WHAT? How do you follow someone in that way and reach into your pocket in a non-threatening way?

    I thought you gun toters were exceptionally aware people? Your statement shows otherwise.

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event