Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 17202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast
Results 339 to 351 of 438
  1. #339
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    11,847
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Adderall and tamazepam.......are two of them....... I think that maniac who shot the school up in Newtown was on adderall.....

    Didnt someone post a list a while back of school shooters or kids who killed and adderall was on the list of medications they were on when they did the killings.

    Adderall and tamezepam........ a combination that produces some violent behavior in some....

    Give that goofinol to a hot headed hispanic like zimmerman....... and you are just asking for trouble......

    asking for trouble I tell you.
    Uppers & downers.
    And if there were recreational levels of those, or anything else, the prosecutors would have been all over that, don't ya think?

  2. #340
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923
    Even with prescribe dosages, prescription meds can have some serious affects on our psychy. I've been prescribed meds for the same medical issues that some have turned me into a zombie and others turned me into Godzilla.

    How your emotional level is has a lot to do with how those types of meds affect us as well.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  3. #341
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Dont forget that mind numbing cocktail of prescription "nerve" pills zimmerman was...and probably still...is on.

    Weak minded and weak backboned........ an accident waiting to happen.

    Like Ive said before.... Id hate to be his neighbor or paperboy or something once zimmerman is armed again.
    What's not to trust? Are you suggesting that this jovial looking face could be hiding a menace to society?
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...-on-zimmerman/

    Is it just me, or do his eyes not match? And since this is a booking photo, where is all of the damage to his face? I've had my nose broken years ago, and you can still tell it was broken.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  4. #342
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Posts
    1,942
    Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    Uppers & downers.
    And if there were recreational levels of those, or anything else, the prosecutors would have been all over that, don't ya think?
    Violent video games are the other commen denominator. This IMHO is an open door to coming until demonic control.

  5. #343
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    7,543
    Dont need to abuse that mind numbing stuff the doc prescribes........ its meant to keep you in a mind numbed state......

    Zimmerman was wound up tighter than a banjo that night......... high on goofinol....probably fighting with his old lady as evidenced by the fact that he told the first person on the scene to "call my wife and tell her I just killed someone"......

    Now that is bizarre....... was he bragging or what ??? Inquisitive minds want to know.....

    Anyhow.... anyone here how that family George pulled out of that burning car said they would have probably been better off if he just had not shown up ??? He is like some kind of bad luck troll doll now...... I bet people see him walking down the street and just run to get out of his way lest they be somehow "tainted" by him.

    He just needs to shed that weight....... grow his hair out long like a hippy........and move..... somewhere like utah or idaho.......
    May Allah Guide Us Towards The Right Path and move us towards a better understanding of Allah and Allahs Creation.

  6. #344
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,909
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Even with prescribe dosages, prescription meds can have some serious affects on our psychy. I've been prescribed meds for the same medical issues that some have turned me into a zombie and others turned me into Godzilla.

    How your emotional level is has a lot to do with how those types of meds affect us as well.
    This is IMO true! Drugs can have different effects on different folks... and what emotional state one is in will be a factor in the effect(s) the drugs have on them.

    Whether we want to admit it or not... our emotional state has a lot to do with our physical health. If we choose to live a balanced and peaceful life, our health will follow... however if we choose to live a crazy and out/balance life... our health will follow. While an 'active' life can be a good thing... an over-active life can be a bad thing... In the same logic, a peaceful life can be a good thing, while an overly peaceful life (passive) can be a bad thing.

    Each of us gets the choice, and each of us will deal with the pro/con of our choice... however there are more factors IMO:

    Each of us will also deal with good times and bad times in life, regardless of whether we are; good or bad people, healthy or not healthy, emotionally strong or weak, calm or hyper, balanced or unbalanced, rich or poor, smart or not smart, strong or weak in regard to people skills, and a host of others. Trials and tribulations are just part of life.

    OK, here is one more thing to add to this mess: One's self image (how one sees themselves): If one's self image is too strong, they will get arrogant... If one is too weak, they will become a doormat... If one is very secure in themselves, they may not have the capacity to love or receive love... If one is insecure in themselves, they may try too hard to gain acceptance. I am sure more examples can be made.

    IMO what we need to do is separate our self image away from the other 'balances' in our lives... rather than get our sense of our self worth tied into external things. If one carefully chooses what they/we believe in and live their/our lives out of our convictions of belief; one will not be vulnerable to outside influence that is in reality NOT part of their life. An example is: a few posters here at ARP post only for sport... that is: to goad someone into posting something. If one is secure in themselves, one will not be a victim nor need to have victims.

    Tricky in a PC world where PC changes by the day, to establish their own beliefs and stand firm in them. Almost makes one feel like a pawn on a chess-board...

    GA's approach has been to adopt the moral precepts in Scripture (the Bible), and live from those... however that would be a different thread and has been discussed many a time.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  7. #345
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,909
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    What's not to trust? Are you suggesting that this jovial looking face could be hiding a menace to society?
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...-on-zimmerman/

    Is it just me, or do his eyes not match? And since this is a booking photo, where is all of the damage to his face? I've had my nose broken years ago, and you can still tell it was broken.
    I think folks 'see' what their beliefs allow them to 'see'... To one that is the face of a balanced American who cares about others (and has personal standards)... to another it is the face of a murderer. All depends on the rose colored glasses one has chosen to wear (rose colored glasses being defined as the belief systems one chooses to adopt)... note that not making a choice, rather just going with the flow, is the choice of playing the PC game; which is a BAD choice.

    As to the nose... the mug shot was when he was charged... many weeks after the night of the event.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  8. #346
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,909
    Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    Violent video games are the other commen denominator. This IMHO is an open door to coming until demonic control.
    Could be... Also could be a choice of mental input that subtly shapes (or reinforces) one's beliefs... which they behave from.

    OTOH: We probably need to remember: A person with strong moral convictions will not let video games turn them into mass murderers... That would be putting the entire blame on the video game... which IMO would be a statement of utter denial. Probably more accurately a political PC game whereby a polecat used the video game industry as a pawn for their political career.

    When folks have strong moral convictions of their own.... they usually can see through behavioral issues. AND, they can also see through polecats... OOOOPS.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  9. #347
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,309
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    I think folks 'see' what their beliefs allow them to 'see'... To one that is the face of a balanced American who cares about others (and has personal standards)... to another it is the face of a murderer.
    I don't see either one.

    I see an unstable guy who was frustrated with his tract getting robbed and was out to do something about it...with his gun playing a very big roll.

    Without his gun Zimmerman wouldn't have the guts to make eye contact with Martin, let alone get out of his car.

    The presence of a deadly weapon in the hands of an unusable person caused this whole debacle. If there was no gun Zimmerman might have been knocked unconscious, not killed, which is probably what he needed in life. Martin would have learned that the housing tract had an assertive neighborhood watch patrol. Win / win.

  10. #348
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,482
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    I don't see either one.

    I see an unstable guy who was frustrated with his tract getting robbed and was out to do something about it...with his gun playing a very big roll.

    Without his gun Zimmerman wouldn't have the guts to make eye contact with Martin, let alone get out of his car.

    The presence of a deadly weapon in the hands of an unusable person caused this whole debacle. If there was no gun Zimmerman might have been knocked unconscious, not killed, which is probably what he needed in life. Martin would have learned that the housing tract had an assertive neighborhood watch patrol.
    Funny so Zimbo was probably not in danger of getting killed with his head getting beat into the concrete curb and Martin would have learned something.

    I would think that Zimbo if not killed would have at least suffered serious brain damage for life and that Martin would have learned that he could kill or mane an get away with it, thus reenforcing his attitude and most likely do it again for kicks. Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  11. #349
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,309
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Funny so Zimbo was probably not in danger of getting killed with his head getting beat into the concrete curb and Martin would have learned something.

    I would think that Zimbo if not killed would have at least suffered serious brain damage for life and that Martin would have learned that he could kill or mane an get away with it, thus reenforcing his attitude and most likely do it again for kicks. Thank you very much
    I think it's funny that speculation starts and stops with Zimmerman's version of the story.

    If Zimmerman was the guy screaming then it was probably because they were fighting over the gun and he was afraid his gun was about to be used back on him. Unfortunately it wasn't. 'Live by the sword, die by the sword'.

    As for permanent brain damage or death, both very unlikely statistically speaking.

  12. #350
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,879
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    I think it's funny that speculation starts and stops with Zimmerman's version of the story.

    If Zimmerman was the guy screaming then it was probably because they were fighting over the gun and he was afraid his gun was about to be used back on him. Unfortunately it wasn't. 'Live by the sword, die by the sword'.

    As for permanent brain damage or death, both very unlikely statistically speaking.
    I’ll bet everyone here has had an encounter with a young punk, know it all, bad ass kid at some point in your lives (white/black does not matter). So I would think you would know they don’t always make good decisions. Now if a creepy ass cracker was following me I would have hi-tailed it home pronto.

    Zimmerman may not have made great decisions either, but he was standing up for his community. Far too few people are willing to stand up for anything even themselves right now. So at least he was out there trying.

    I have some speculation for you.

    What if Florida had Open Carry and Zimmerman was carrying on his hip. If Trayvon had seen the gun do you think he would have gone home or waited for the creepy ass cracker to come back?

    Sorry but I think its time for us the victims to stop being afraid. We need to transfer that fear into the bad guys. Its their turn.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

  13. #351
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    11,847
    Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid View Post
    I’ll bet everyone here has had an encounter with a young punk, know it all, bad ass kid at some point in your lives (white/black does not matter). So I would think you would know they don’t always make good decisions. Now if a creepy ass cracker was following me I would have hi-tailed it home pronto.

    Zimmerman may not have made great decisions either, but he was standing up for his community. Far too few people are willing to stand up for anything even themselves right now. So at least he was out there trying.

    I have some speculation for you.

    What if Florida had Open Carry and Zimmerman was carrying on his hip. If Trayvon had seen the gun do you think he would have gone home or waited for the creepy ass cracker to come back?

    Sorry but I think its time for us the victims to stop being afraid. We need to transfer that fear into the bad guys. Its their turn.
    I'm DW and I approve this post.
    Seriously, well said.

Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 17202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event