Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 15181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Results 313 to 325 of 438
  1. #313
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    I am certainly not defending Zimmerman's continued actions that resulted in his killing Martin. I am saying that it is only hateful racism that causes some to continue to try to claim that Zimmerman's actions were racist just because Martin happened to be of the same ethnicity that those who have been causing problems in the neighborhood are.

    In other words; the real racists are those who continue to do everything they can to spew out hateful claims about etnic profiling when the only reason for the profiling was to identify the more probable suspects for wrong doing.

    If those of you who want to continue to divide Americans by ethnicity were really interested in doing any good, you would be attacking the actions of the Black youth who created the mistrust about Black youths. In that respect, Martin also contributed to that stigma with his own past actions.

    If some overweight aging White guy robs a store and I am questioned by the police for the robbery, is that racial profiling? Should I get my panties all in a wad over being suspected for something I did not do? Of course not. If anything, I'm going to be ticked off at the SOB who committed the crime and implemented me because I physically resemble him.

    I've been on the wrong side of profiling, mostly in my youth. As a skinny, long haired hippy type, I was often pulled over because of my appearance alone. I had one incident where I was forced into a vehicle trap of police squad cars while driving home from work. One cop pulled up behind me while I was on an exit ramp coming off of the Baltimore beltway, so, knowing I was doing nothing wrong, I sped up to get out of his way. When we got to the two lane road off of the ramp, the cop stayed on my tail and two other cop cars coming from the opposite direction crossed the median to pin me in to a stop. After searching me and my vehicle, the cops claimed there had been a crime commited with a vehicle resembling mine. I was driving a custom built VW painted AMC's Big Bad Green (a very bright, darker lime green) that had a custom flowered cloth sun roof that matched the custom flowered upholstery (all of my own doing), L80 wide tires on chromed Chevy reversed rims....that was a match for some other vehicle! Yeah...right!

    The point is that profiling is a way of life and we need to get leftists off of their continual hate mongering of making claims that everything we do is racist. Oh, two of the cops in the above story were White guys and one was a Black guy, so I'm sure I was racially profiled unjustly.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  2. #314
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,731
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    In other words; the real racists are those who continue to do everything they can to spew out hateful claims about etnic profiling when the only reason for the profiling was to identify the more probable suspects for wrong doing.
    Very true. To add to that, people will always look for weaknesses in others. We have stigmatized profiling and made it a bad word. That is why some say Zimmerman did not profile Martin because they don't want to be connected to that word. But we all know the fact that Martin was Black did play a part in Zimmerman's suspicion of him. And rightfully so.

    I'd like to see the day the people that profile admit that they profile. When they deny profiling it fuels the other side to go after them for profiling because they know it is something they are ashamed of, or appear ashamed of. So stand up, admit you do it, then explain why. It will take the wind out of the other side.

  3. #315
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Very true. To add to that, people will always look for weaknesses in others. We have stigmatized profiling and made it a bad word. That is why some say Zimmerman did not profile Martin because they don't want to be connected to that word. But we all know the fact that Martin was Black did play a part in Zimmerman's suspicion of him. And rightfully so.

    I'd like to see the day the people that profile admit that they profile. When they deny profiling it fuels the other side to go after them for profiling because they know it is something they are ashamed of, or appear ashamed of. So stand up, admit you do it, then explain why. It will take the wind out of the other side.
    To my way of thinking, which is using rational logic, what you have stated here is idiocy...I'm just saying....

    Why should anyone have to admit to profiling just to appease others who bastardize what profiling is in order to stigmatize the use of profiling for legitimate purposes? WOW! This has become so convoluted, I just had a difficult time even thinking that last sentence out loud.

    How about if those of you who perpetuate hate by bastardizing legitimate processes just stop finding ways to perpetuate hate? Yes, Zimmerman profiled Martin based on Martin's ethnicity as well as his age. NO! There is no rational indication that Zimmerman was being racist.

    Just because Zimmerman has perverse leanings toward violence does not in any way support that he was wanting to do harm to Martin because of Martin's ethnicity.

    The whole reason why those who consider themselves to be conservatives ever decided to support Zimmerman is because of the hateful way that leftists turned a tragic event into an opportunity to promote leftist agendas such as racism and attacking the 2nd Amendment.

    Martin's family had every right to demand that an investigation be made as to why their son's killer was not even charged with any possible wrong doing and made to prove that his extreme actions resulting in the death of someone was legal and not in any way wrongful. But it was leftist actions, claiming racism, that started the circus acts between one extreme social/political force and the other extreme of the same. Once racism and 2nd Amendment rights were claimed to be reasons for Martin's death, Martin himself was no longer the concern, but just the vehicle for others promoting their agendas.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  4. #316
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    8,234
    Obama should get seal team six to waste zimmerman...... make it look like a street thug did it....

    Problemo solved o
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  5. #317
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    10,479
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Obama should get seal team six to waste zimmerman...... make it look like a street thug did it....

    Problemo solved o
    Can't happen, Those guys are too busy wiping out witnesses about the Benghazi debacle.

    You just can't be in two places at one time.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "I say we just nuke them from space, that is the only way to be sure". Winch from ALIENS, forgot her name.

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    My front door is locked. For your personal protection.

  6. #318
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Obama should get seal team six to waste zimmerman...... make it look like a street thug did it....

    Problemo solved o
    Most of that team are already dead. Obama is suspected of having them offed before any of them could tell the world what really happened with Osama Bin Laden and how Obama once again lied to promote himself.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  7. #319
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Can't happen, Those guys are too busy wiping out witnesses about the Benghazi debacle.

    You just can't be in two places at one time.
    Did something happen in Benghazi? I heard that was just a rumor started by Republican rabble rousers.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  8. #320
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,731
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    To my way of thinking, which is using rational logic, what you have stated here is idiocy...I'm just saying....

    Why should anyone have to admit to profiling just to appease others who bastardize what profiling is in order to stigmatize the use of profiling for legitimate purposes? WOW! This has become so convoluted, I just had a difficult time even thinking that last sentence out loud.

    How about if those of you who perpetuate hate by bastardizing legitimate processes just stop finding ways to perpetuate hate? Yes, Zimmerman profiled Martin based on Martin's ethnicity as well as his age. NO! There is no rational indication that Zimmerman was being racist.

    Just because Zimmerman has perverse leanings toward violence does not in any way support that he was wanting to do harm to Martin because of Martin's ethnicity.

    The whole reason why those who consider themselves to be conservatives ever decided to support Zimmerman is because of the hateful way that leftists turned a tragic event into an opportunity to promote leftist agendas such as racism and attacking the 2nd Amendment.

    Martin's family had every right to demand that an investigation be made as to why their son's killer was not even charged with any possible wrong doing and made to prove that his extreme actions resulting in the death of someone was legal and not in any way wrongful. But it was leftist actions, claiming racism, that started the circus acts between one extreme social/political force and the other extreme of the same. Once racism and 2nd Amendment rights were claimed to be reasons for Martin's death, Martin himself was no longer the concern, but just the vehicle for others promoting their agendas.
    You are losing me. In one sentence you say "Why should anyone have to admit to profiling just to appease others" and then you say "Yes, Zimmerman profiled Martin". So what is it? Did he profile Martin or not?

    Blacks don't like profiling because of when the cops do it to them. Cops, because of color, pull them over, search them, beat them, plant drugs and falsely persecute them on a regular basis. We might condone that as an act of revenge but it would be enough to piss someone off that is minding their own business.

    Us watching Black youths walk through our neighborhood is one thing but cops being called out to shake them down for being a Black youth is another. If the cops had been called out to roust Martin and Zimmerman stood by as the instigator of the roust, how would that make an innocent Black feel? What would he walk away with? The excess of Zimmerman's actions is what gives profiling a bad name. And there is little connection between profiling and racism. Racists often profile but profilers aren't necessarily racists.

    As for the attack on the 2nd Amendment, Zimmerman brought that on on his own. He misused his gun as a badge of courage. Blame him for hurting the 2nd Amendment cause. You know the anti-gun people are out there looking for a gun toter to slip up...and there it happened and was initially ok'd by the authorities.

  9. #321
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    8,234
    Look at this Pedro Vargas in Miami.... or Hileah Florida......

    Another hispanic with a gun....... fool burned up 10 grand in cash in his apartment...... killed six or seven people.....

    But to the 2nd amendment dullards...... those 7 lost lives mean nothing against this maniacs...Vargas.... right to own a handgun.

    Gonna do nothing but get worse too with this immigration mess....... country is going to be flooded with more immigrant workers carrying more guns and killing more innocent people........and there isnt anything we can do to stop it.

    Not all maniacs are like that kid in newtown...... many of them are walking around living normal lives today....... and then they just snap....like this vargas fellow did...... No signs of danger....... upstanding citizen........ until he snapped......

    Snapped like a dry twig....... didnt take much pressure at all......... cause the maniac in him was just waiting for the right moment.......
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  10. #322
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    You are losing me. In one sentence you say "Why should anyone have to admit to profiling just to appease others" and then you say "Yes, Zimmerman profiled Martin". So what is it? Did he profile Martin or not?

    Blacks don't like profiling because of when the cops do it to them. Cops, because of color, pull them over, search them, beat them, plant drugs and falsely persecute them on a regular basis. We might condone that as an act of revenge but it would be enough to piss someone off that is minding their own business.

    Us watching Black youths walk through our neighborhood is one thing but cops being called out to shake them down for being a Black youth is another. If the cops had been called out to roust Martin and Zimmerman stood by as the instigator of the roust, how would that make an innocent Black feel? What would he walk away with? The excess of Zimmerman's actions is what gives profiling a bad name. And there is little connection between profiling and racism. Racists often profile but profilers aren't necessarily racists.

    As for the attack on the 2nd Amendment, Zimmerman brought that on on his own. He misused his gun as a badge of courage. Blame him for hurting the 2nd Amendment cause. You know the anti-gun people are out there looking for a gun toter to slip up...and there it happened and was initially ok'd by the authorities.
    Wow! You really are one of the naive leftists, aren't you? So, because liberal media portrays the Black man as the set upon, racially profiled target of police, you actually believe this is the only way profiling occurs? I have swamp land in Florida and a bridge in New York I'd like to sell you.

    The seeming discrepency comes from the multi-defined term "profiling". To you and other leftists, profiling is some sort of unjust tool used to justify harrassing, beating and arresting completely innocent persons of color. Here's a real eye opener for you people; that sort of profiling is abused against everyone, no matter there ethnic background, color of skin, physical size, accent, length of hair or amount of tattoos or piercings. Just because some abuse profiling does not make profiling a bad thing. Just as guns do not kill, people do, profiling does not harrass, people do.

    This is a common trick that leftists like to use as a rhetorical argument device. By continually changing the definition of a term, leftists constantly confuse arguments until they are either believed to right...er...correct, or they are just not worth the effort to argue with any longer. This is the art of rhetoric, and it has no place in rational conversation that actually wants to learn facts and/or resolve issues. Rhetoric is the device that was used by both sides of the Zimmerman killed Martin case.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  11. #323
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,609
    Have you ever been thru security in a foreign country. They profile, and guess what, it works.

  12. #324
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Look at this Pedro Vargas in Miami.... or Hileah Florida......

    Another hispanic with a gun....... fool burned up 10 grand in cash in his apartment...... killed six or seven people.....

    But to the 2nd amendment dullards...... those 7 lost lives mean nothing against this maniacs...Vargas.... right to own a handgun.

    Gonna do nothing but get worse too with this immigration mess....... country is going to be flooded with more immigrant workers carrying more guns and killing more innocent people........and there isnt anything we can do to stop it.

    Not all maniacs are like that kid in newtown...... many of them are walking around living normal lives today....... and then they just snap....like this vargas fellow did...... No signs of danger....... upstanding citizen........ until he snapped......

    Snapped like a dry twig....... didnt take much pressure at all......... cause the maniac in him was just waiting for the right moment.......
    And it can happen anywhere;
    .
    .
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...oJL0eEnU&t=104
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  13. #325
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,731
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Wow! You really are one of the naive leftists, aren't you? So, because liberal media portrays the Black man as the set upon, racially profiled target of police, you actually believe this is the only way profiling occurs? I have swamp land in Florida and a bridge in New York I'd like to sell you.

    The seeming discrepency comes from the multi-defined term "profiling". To you and other leftists, profiling is some sort of unjust tool used to justify harrassing, beating and arresting completely innocent persons of color. Here's a real eye opener for you people; that sort of profiling is abused against everyone, no matter there ethnic background, color of skin, physical size, accent, length of hair or amount of tattoos or piercings. Just because some abuse profiling does not make profiling a bad thing. Just as guns do not kill, people do, profiling does not harrass, people do.

    This is a common trick that leftists like to use as a rhetorical argument device. By continually changing the definition of a term, leftists constantly confuse arguments until they are either believed to right...er...correct, or they are just not worth the effort to argue with any longer. This is the art of rhetoric, and it has no place in rational conversation that actually wants to learn facts and/or resolve issues. Rhetoric is the device that was used by both sides of the Zimmerman killed Martin case.
    Let me be clear about what I said. Blacks are not the only people profiled and profiling is wrong when it is taken to extremes.

    Let's see you exaggerate or disagree with that.

Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 15181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event