Zimmerman should have waited for the police - Page 17
Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 710111213141516171819202122232427 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Only remotely similar.
    Not even remotely. NY does not have a Stand Your Ground Law. The shooter was not threaten with grave bodily harm.

At least Zimmerman was in danger of being killed and did not use the Stand Your Ground Law just self defense which could not be used in this case IMHO.

It is what you would call a extreme case of reverse discrimination where the Black guy does get away with murder. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

You guys are missing the point:

When a 'supposedly' white guy shoots a black guy in self defense, it is a HUGE media circus of racism.
    When a black guy shoots a white guy in self defense, it does not even make the news.

This is definitely racism!

The only NON racism way to handle shooting is to NOT mention face at all.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    You guys are missing the point:

When a 'supposedly' white guy shoots a black guy in self defense, it is a HUGE media circus of racism.
    When a black guy shoots a white guy in self defense, it does not even make the news.

This is definitely racism!

The only NON racism way to handle shooting is to NOT mention face at all.
    I wouldn't agree that it was self defense to begin with is my point just murder. Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    I wouldn't agree that it was self defense to begin with is my point just murder. Thank you very much
    We will have to agree to disagree then...

When someone comes at you with a gun or is pounding you in the ground... to use lethal force to save your life when there is no other option... is self defense.

Read this book:

In the Gravest Extreme
    by Mossad Ayoub

Guy is known as one of the experts in the world on the difference between murder and self defense.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Funny GA, have you switch back to the Zimbo trial after you changed it to the the case in NY. Brian was responding to you and I to him and now with your latest post I can only assume you are back on Zimmering for some reason. My post stands on the case in NY. I call it murder. You can call it what you want. Thank you very much.

Here is a situation similar to Martin/Zimm... yet the races are reversed.

http://www.mpnnow.com/news/x96737848...protect-myself

Where are Jesse, Al, Eric, BHO, and the media? Is this not newsworthy?

We really need to ask ourselves this question... because if we do not... we are accepting that race does make a difference... when we are supposed to have grown beyond that childishness.
    this happened about 5 miles from my house, Al Sharpton never showed up and the media kinda dismissed the whole thing

Oh ya, I never did find out what happened in the civil case? I should look into that
    BEING AN ADULT

is the dumbest thing I have ever done

I heard Zimmerman is going to change his name to Benn Ghazi, that way NObama and the media will never mention him again
    BEING AN ADULT

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    I heard Zimmerman is going to change his name to Benn Ghazi, that way NObama and the media will never mention him again
    Now that was just flat out funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"Ain't nobody got time for that". Corny

LMAO!

This is an excellent idea!
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

this happened about 5 miles from my house, Al Sharpton never showed up and the media kinda dismissed the whole thing

Oh ya, I never did find out what happened in the civil case? I should look into that
    Jmac, Did I read correctly the victim (the kid that got shot) had a gun and the defendant basically shot first? A little confusion on the details... figured if it was your area the locals would know. THX!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

The kid who attacked Roderick was unarmed but was being fueled by alcohol...stolen...and amphetemines.....which we have no idea where he got.

Another kid dead because he couldnt keep his nose to the grindstone......and because another "tough guy".... wasnt satisfied with just calling the police and letting them do their job.

I dont see this kid as being murdered.....even though this all could have been prevented had Roderick just stayed in his damn house like a good citizen.

The media does not so much bury these stories..... they just dont deem some as newsworthy.

We have had some horrific crimes around here that never made it past the local news... and Im sure you guys have seen the same in your areas.

I dont know how they pick what to run wild with...... but certain stories.... like zimmerman get picked up and are given a lot more coverage than they deserve.

Anyhow.... like in the zimm case...... once trayvon was on his way to whooping zimmerman.....I agree that zim had every right to try and do what was neccesary to save his life..... BUT... he should have just stayed in his car.

Roderick...again... when being charged by a kid...and with two others there who could have potentially rushed him too..... decided that shooting that drug crazed and alcohol burning kid was the only way to save his life...... so I believe his shooting was also justified.

BUT... he should have never left his house......never went running outside with a gun in his hand to chase down some petty thieves....

Two young men struck down in their youth.....because of people who just couldnt wait for the police.
    "Maybe I am a welfares queen"

Cliven Bundy.... Patriot ???

He actually said that

Jmac, Did I read correctly the victim (the kid that got shot) had a gun and the defendant basically shot first? A little confusion on the details... figured if it was your area the locals would know. THX!
    kid was unarmed, "supposedly" he lunged at Scott and Scott feared for his life
    BEING AN ADULT

OK, this is hands down, the best and most relevant post about Zimmerman.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 710111213141516171819202122232427 ... LastLast