Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 69101112131415161718192021222326 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 208 of 438
  1. #196
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    I think it all boils down to who started the altercation. If Martin's first punch was not justified he deserves the outcome. However, if Martin's punch was a response to Zimmerman going for his gun, it's a whole different story.

    Hey, for those that say "guns don't kill" how do you think Zimmerman would have killed Martin that night without a gun?
    Zimmerman did the killing, not the gun. More responsible persons would not have done what Zimmerman did. Just having the gun gave Zimmerman a way to prevent any altercation whatsoever, but Zimmerman did everything he could to set up circumstances where he could shoot and kill Martin.

    A jury determined that Zimmerman did nothing illegal, and as a nation we need to accept that. Life will be Zimmerman's final judge.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  2. #197
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Lancaster, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    884
    Oh, i totally believe Glenn. It's just things like that spin out of control extremely fast-especially when someone is hell-bent on unloading a gun on someone. It doesn't always turn out the best for some people who have the best intentions. Young people with guns-more than likely, i will just call the police.
    KX500......the original big green meanie

  3. #198
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Posts
    1,942
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Zimmerman did the killing, not the gun. More responsible persons would not have done what Zimmerman did. Just having the gun gave Zimmerman a way to prevent any altercation whatsoever, but Zimmerman did everything he could to set up circumstances where he could shoot and kill Martin.

    A jury determined that Zimmerman did nothing illegal, and as a nation we need to accept that. Life will be Zimmerman's final judge.
    Yea, look what happened to OJ.

  4. #199
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    7,571
    Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    Yea, look what happened to OJ.
    They finally managed to railroad OJ. Got him for going to get back his stuff that was stolen.

    It shouldnt matter that most folks think OJ was guilty. OJ played by the rules that our courts set out and he won. The prosecutions case was flawed.

    But... they kept on trying and trying till they finally managed to get something on him that would stick.

    Most of america... or at least most of the judicial officials and police and the like believe G zimmerman is innocent and they are not going to keep an eye on him waiting for him to make a mistake so they can swoop in and railroad him like they did the juice.......

    Zimmermans biggest problem now is that he is a marked man...... and people will keep their distance from him because they wont want to offend negro or pro trayvon white customers......and because nobody wants to stand next to someone who has a great big target painted on him..... just waiting for some punk to get revenge for trayvon.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  5. #200
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    7,571
    There is more evidence that Ron and Nicole stabbed each other to death and a dog carried off the knife than there is that OJ killed them.

    I always fiqured it was that Kato character.... I mean.... did the police even look into his story....

    If the Juice would have done Ron and Nicole in he would have used his fists......not a knife......
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  6. #201
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,323
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Zimmerman did the killing, not the gun.
    A gun can kill in the same way a car can carry you 60mph down the freeway...with very little assistance.

    Zimmerman couldn't have killed Martin without a gun. It was the presence of the gun that enabled the killing.

  7. #202
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    7,571
    dang.... thought I had a bite......
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  8. #203
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923
    Quote Originally Posted by dna View Post
    Oh, i totally believe Glenn. It's just things like that spin out of control extremely fast-especially when someone is hell-bent on unloading a gun on someone. It doesn't always turn out the best for some people who have the best intentions. Young people with guns-more than likely, i will just call the police.
    You are most likely the more sensible of us. However, the great nation of the U.S. of A. was not built by those who were only sensible, and we will not stay a great nation by only being sensible.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  9. #204
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923
    Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    Yea, look what happened to OJ.
    Precisely. Another example is Rodney King; now dead from excess.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  10. #205
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    7,571
    Must mow a little bit each day..... X 500 times.

    Put off mowing yesterday till it rained and today as soon as I got the old mower started its a dang downpour.....

    We have had a lot of rain recently.... seems every evening when I get home it rains..... and the lawn is beginning to get out of hand.

    Sick of it...... cant get ahead.......

    I know how zimmerman feels now....... itching to go outside and do something...... but...in my case.....Ill get soaking wet and will have to rake up the gobs of grass if I mow it wet....... zimmerman on the other hand will get gawked at to say the least and might even get shot if he is in a neighborhood or at a store where thugs hang out.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  11. #206
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,960
    Here is a situation similar to Martin/Zimm... yet the races are reversed.

    http://www.mpnnow.com/news/x96737848...protect-myself

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDtL_TIl1A4

    Where are Jesse, Al, Eric, BHO, and the media? Is this not newsworthy?

    We really need to ask ourselves this question... because if we do not... we are accepting that race does make a difference... when we are supposed to have grown beyond that childishness.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  12. #207
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,960
    Another view of how biased the media was on Martin/Zimm:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebu6Yvzs4Ls

    When someone says they got their facts from the mainstream media... well, they did not get the whole story.
    If a person wants the whole story, they need several sources; from both sides of the isle. Otherwise, IMO, they are choosing (maybe by default, however that is a choice), to not be informed. If a person is not informed, IMO their opinion is really not relevant.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  13. #208
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,323
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Here is a situation similar to Martin/Zimm... yet the races are reversed.

    http://www.mpnnow.com/news/x96737848...protect-myself

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDtL_TIl1A4

    Where are Jesse, Al, Eric, BHO, and the media? Is this not newsworthy?

    We really need to ask ourselves this question... because if we do not... we are accepting that race does make a difference... when we are supposed to have grown beyond that childishness.
    Only remotely similar.

Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 69101112131415161718192021222326 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event