Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5891011121314151617181920212225 ... LastLast
    Here is a general question for all those who are upset with the not guilty vertic here. Can any of you convict Zimbo of manslaughter, 2nd degree murder "beyond a reasonable doubt".

I do mean beyond a reasonable doupt here and leaving out your emotions feeling sorry for Trayvon, "dislike" of Zimbo, Zimbo used bad judgement, somthing should be done, etc. If so please explain why and which charge you would say "gulity" on. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Here is a general question for all those who are upset with the not guilty vertic here. Can any of you convict Zimbo of manslaughter, 2nd degree murder "beyond a reasonable doubt".

I do mean beyond a reasonable doupt here and leaving out your emotions feeling sorry for Trayvon, "dislike" of Zimbo, Zimbo used bad judgement, somthing should be done, etc. If so please explain why and which charge you would say "gulity" on. Thank you, thank you very much
    Glenn,
    You ask a good question and preface it correctly.

After all my posts that are critical of Zimmerman, I can agree with the verdict. But if they found him guilty of manslaughter I would agree with that too, due to the fact that he lied and refused to tell the whole story. But lying and withholding is part of the court process I guess. Something we have learned to accept.

Some people say that if you are caught in a single lie, your whole testimony must be thrown out. I guess that doesn't apply to this case.

I bet during the trial Zimmerman regretted talking to the cops at all. Of course now it doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsma View Post
    I worked in Southern California before in areas like Watts, South Central, The Wilshire District, Cudahy just for examples. I had no problem eating at local resteraunts, shopping at local stores and visiting people I knew in these areas. The way I percieve a threat is by watching the body language, people broadcast their intensions way before they generally do something. Color has nothing to do with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    My response was that there is no such thing as racism. It is natural for any human to feel less comfortable around any strangers who are in any way different than themselves. I have to agree with coolwhip that your criteria is a bit naive. That which makes us different can be perceived as either positive or negative, depending on our state of mind and the circumstances at the time we are exposed to others. You attempted to create a sterile situation using persons of different ethnicities, which is pretty much impossible to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Williamsma View Post
    The question was which group do I feel more threatend by. I do not have a favorite. Thugs are thugs. There are always going to be people that prey on people that they percieve as weak. Color like I have said before has nothing to do with which do I feel more of a threat. The threat is equal with both groups. Does that answer your question Brian.
    The current use of the words racist or racism, is more a PC ideal than reality. One can take many a word and search throughout history and find the exact word (even spelled the same), had different, and sometimes opposing definitions. It is just not as simple as a knee-jerk reaction to a word... like the lefties want their minions to live out of.

I think Williams hit the nail pretty well: Body language tells a story regardless of socio-economic or ethnic background. When one does situational awareness training at the local shooting range, we are taught to watch body language. We are also taught to be VERY careful to NOT let anything else influence our observations and conclusions.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

Hey Glenn,

I remember that skit at Am/Idol... THX for posting it.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Glenn,
    You ask a good question and preface it correctly.

After all my posts that are critical of Zimmerman, I can agree with the verdict. But if they found him guilty of manslaughter I would agree with that too, due to the fact that he lied and refused to tell the whole story. But lying and withholding is part of the court process I guess. Something we have learned to accept.

Some people say that if you are caught in a single lie, your whole testimony must be thrown out. I guess that doesn't apply to this case.

I bet during the trial Zimmerman regretted talking to the cops at all. Of course now it doesn't matter.
    I'll have to agree that Zim did lie some. It's easy to do that whent he other guy is dead. He may have shot Martin when he was standing straight up next to him. But, do you think it would have mattered in the long run?

There may one way to define when the shooting happened... What was the angle of the bullet as it entered and left Martin's body.
    Did it go up, as if Martin was on top of Zimm when the shot was fired? Or did it go more horizontal through Martin, as if Martin was not on top of Zimm at the time of the shot.

Did they release an autopsy report including the details of the shot? If not, I wonder why not? Could have cleared up a lot... that is, IF clearing up a lot was the goal. Govts have their own agenda's, and it is rarely the truth they are seeking.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Funny the only witness to the fight said Trayvon was on top of Zimbo so that is where the shooting had to be no other place. Thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Funny the only witness to the fight said Trayvon was on top of Zimbo so that is where the shooting had to be no other place. Thank you very much
    Yea, but none of these "neighbors" had enough guts to watch the fight and try to help. They were too busy calling 911 on their cell phones. Glenn I'll bet even an old timer like you, Viet Nam Vet and all would have gone out there and collered Martin and drug him right off. The thing is, it's a lot of the black guys that are carrying the guns. Maybe that's why they didn't help. But it just seems odd to me that John Good saw Zim getting punched while on the ground, but Good didn't see the shot. Around where I live it takes the police 30 minutes to show up if theys how up at all. It's almost like the police are proud of making the public wait.

All the people in that neighborhood went fetal once they heard the commotion outside...... none of them wanted to get involved.

They just closed their curtains... layed on the floor in the fetal position and called the police.

Probably all whispered too....so the people outside wouldnt here them on the phone with the police.
    "I believe this is a sovereign state of Nevada, I abide by all of Nevada state laws. But I don't recognize the United States government as even existing."

Cliven Bundy.... Patriot ???

Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    Yea, but none of these "neighbors" had enough guts to watch the fight and try to help. They were too busy calling 911 on their cell phones. Glenn I'll bet even an old timer like you, Viet Nam Vet and all would have gone out there and collered Martin and drug him right off. The thing is, it's a lot of the black guys that are carrying the guns. Maybe that's why they didn't help. But it just seems odd to me that John Good saw Zim getting punched while on the ground, but Good didn't see the shot. Around where I live it takes the police 30 minutes to show up if theys how up at all. It's almost like the police are proud of making the public wait.
    Your right about me running out there to stop it just like I did in Korea 45 years ago. Believe it or not I'm still in good shape work out with heavy weights, etc. Just like Toby Keith said I not good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was. LOL. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them."
    Barry Goldwater

Yeah, you would start to pull Martin off Zim, then you would get gut shot by the bullet that went thru Martin. You read stories like that and think "Aw, that's a shame"! ............then forget about it. You may think your a toughie Glenn, but your not.
    KX500......the original big green meanie

Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    I'll have to agree that Zim did lie some. It's easy to do that whent he other guy is dead. He may have shot Martin when he was standing straight up next to him. But, do you think it would have mattered in the long run?
    I think it all boils down to who started the altercation. If Martin's first punch was not justified he deserves the outcome. However, if Martin's punch was a response to Zimmerman going for his gun, it's a whole different story.

Hey, for those that say "guns don't kill" how do you think Zimmerman would have killed Martin that night without a gun?

Quote Originally Posted by dna View Post
    Yeah, you would start to pull Martin off Zim, then you would get gut shot by the bullet that went thru Martin. You read stories like that and think "Aw, that's a shame"! ............then forget about it. You may think your a toughie Glenn, but your not.
    I've spent some quality time with Glenn, and I take him for his word on this. There are some of us just can't seem to help lending a needed hand. More than likely, just anyone interrupting the altercation between Zimmerman and Martin would have caused it to not escalate into Zimmerman's killing Martin. My guess is that if any of those neighbors, even the one who claims to have been close enough to witness details but said nothing, had actually intervened, even verbally, Zimmerman would have quickly put away his drawn gun and tell Martin that the police were on the way.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5891011121314151617181920212225 ... LastLast