Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 478910111213141516171819202124 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Racism is a socialogical/political tool most often used by leftists to keep a division in the population so that we are more easily controlled. The very term "racism" is a misnomer. There is only one race on planet Earth; the human race. What we keep terming as rascism is actually ethnic differentiation.

There is nothing wrong with, or should be nothing wrong with using ethnicity for profiling physical attributes. If a White male is witnessed committing a crime, it is pretty ridiculous to investigate any persons of color or females for that crime.

In Zimmerman's case, Black youths have been witnessed committing crimes in the neighborhood. For that reason, Zimmerman's profiling of Martin is most certainly justified, and I support Zimmerman's actions all the way to his calling 9-1-1.

It is people like Jackson and Obama who are the real "racists". These are the leftist antagonists who continue to pit Americans against one another based on our ethnicities. It is a common ploy of fascists that is used to divide the masses in order to make it easier to control the masses and not allow for any unity to arise against an oppressive government.

There is no doubt that the U.S. has devolved into having an oppressive government. There is little chance that any American can live their lives completely without breaking some law or another. There are just too many laws for any American to be able to avoid not doing something that some government agency can prosecute us for. This is exactly how fascist governments such as Communist and Dictatorships operate.
    But my question was about that subtle feeling inside a person when being followed by those two groups. Is it racist to be more concerned over one group than the other?

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    You really did just fall off the turnip truck didn't you?
    I've since edited the post, but regardless, I doubt you will answer it because you know where it leads.

Run from the question or heckle it, but by all means don't answer it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    I have a question of what racism is since so many here like to use that buzzword. If a person feels more uncomfortable being followed by a group of Black youths at night than a group of White youths, is that racist? Of course both groups being equal in attire and behavior.
    I view any group of young males no matter what the color of their exterior wrapper as suspect. The time of day is also a factor as well as how many other people are on the street at the time I am there. The larger the group the more scrunity I percieve the threat. I had a freind who grew up in the south. His father never allowed him to go out with any more than 1 friend at a time. The reason being 2 guys police each other, while 3 or more tends to egg each other on. My friend was never in trouble where as some of his friends who were in groups of 3 or more were always in trouble. Btw all though I don't think it matters, my friends ancesters came from Africa, so you can draw your own conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsma View Post
    I view any group of young males no matter what the color of their exterior wrapper as suspect.
    I feel they are both suspect too but that didn't answer my specific question. Which group makes you feel more uncomfortable?

I feel they are both suspect too but that didn't answer my specific question. Which group makes you feel more uncomfortable?
    I am uncomfortable with both, there are no favorites. I live near Portland, Oregon, most of the crime is committed by white people. The roving gangs that cause problems around here have white faces under their hoodies.

I am uncomfortable with both, there are no favorites. I live near Portland, Oregon, most of the crime is committed by white people. The roving gangs that cause problems around here have white faces under their hoodies.
    So in all truthfulness you have limited experience comparing the two side by side?

So in all truthfulness you do not have the experience to compare the two side by side.
    I worked in Southern California before in areas like Watts, South Central, The Wilshire District, Cudahy just for examples. I had no problem eating at local resteraunts, shopping at local stores and visiting people I knew in these areas. The way I percieve a threat is by watching the body language, people broadcast their intensions way before they generally do something. Color has nothing to do with it.

I worked in Southern California before in areas like Watts, South Central, The Wilshire District, Cudahy just for examples. I had no problem eating at local resteraunts, shopping at local stores and visiting people I knew in these areas. The way I percieve a threat is by watching the body language, people broadcast their intensions way before they generally do something. Color has nothing to do with it.
    I infrequently work in those areas too. I also own property up there. The times I go up there I also have no problem going anywhere and eating at any restaurant. If that was my only experience I would have a very limited opinion on the matter.

BTW - You worked there but did not live in the area? So you just dropped by?

But my question was about that subtle feeling inside a person when being followed by those two groups. Is it racist to be more concerned over one group than the other?
    My response was that there is no such thing as racism. It is natural for any human to feel less comfortable around any strangers who are in any way different than themselves. I have to agree with coolwhip that your criteria is a bit naive. That which makes us different can be perceived as either positive or negative, depending on our state of mind and the circumstances at the time we are exposed to others. You attempted to create a sterile situation using persons of different ethnicities, which is pretty much impossible to do.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Thats true here in east tennessee also. I dont see that many black folk around here but the ones I do see are either working folks or kids and Ive never had them in any way be disrespectful towards me.

White folks on the other hand....... Man... you cant go into a store around here without some white guy trying to bum money off you. Money or smokes....... got to have milk and diapers for the baby.......lol..... thats the standard bumming line here..... no matter what age the bum.

I never even see mexicans out bumming....... those guys always have cash on them......and brand new looking california drivers licenses......lol

I see them at the stores either doing the western union thing....or buying beer.
    May Allah Guide Us Towards The Right Path and move us towards a better understanding of Allah and Allahs Creation.

The question was which group do I feel more threatend by. I do not have a favorite. Thugs are thugs. There are always going to be people that prey on people that they percieve as weak. Color like I have said before has nothing to do with which do I feel more of a threat. The threat is equal with both groups. Does that answer your question Brian.

I do not know to respond to your posts.

Well I do, but I won't.

I have a question of what racism is since so many here like to use that buzzword. If a person feels more uncomfortable being followed by a group of Black youths at night than a group of White youths, is that racist? Of course both groups being equal in attire and behavior.

That is common sense. Call it profiling if you like but not racism. Just the facts of life. Funny I rarely see a "group" of Black youths and White youths dressed in the same attire.

Maybe you might see one or two that they but not a whole group. You know hat turned sideways, gold in the mouth, pants on the ground, etc. Gees. Thank you, thank you very much

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw0a12geN3Q
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 478910111213141516171819202124 ... LastLast