Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 36789101112131415161718192023 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Old saying... Better to remain quiet and let folks wonder about one's foolishness... than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

The FACTS of the Zimbo case are:
    Trev was aggressive in confronting Zimm,
    Trev threw the first punch,
    Trev was on top of Zimm beating his face and head into the ground,
    ONLY when Zimm's life was in danger did the gun come out.

ANY jury (other than a race baited group of political promoters with an agenda) would see this for what it was: Self defense.

Whether we agree with the legal system... justice has been done according to the law.

CASE CLOSED.

Now if the feds want to sue Zimm over civil rights... as noted: ALL of Trevvie's background will be spread ALL OVER the news.
    You race baiters really want it to be on the front page of the news all the things Trevvie did?
    Not smart if you wanna continue your racist charade.
    I have to disagree, the facts are not facts, they are presumed facts given by the one who was trial. The actual facts are unknown, otherwise, if they were the case would be much easier. either no case at all or a clear case of a crime (at what level, that s a different question)

Just simple question why only 6 jurors, it not usual to 12?

To answer the original question Zim should of stopped after his original call and as per instructed. Murder 2 I think not, maybe a lesser charge would have been more approiate

Pretty cold there today Barbar? Does it ever snow in NZ?

Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    Pretty cold there today Barbar? Does it ever snow in NZ?
    Not to bad today, 50-60f, yes it snows, last week I got caught in it. The top is called the winterless north, so no snow up there, down where I live normally a couple of good dumps per year.
    many good ski fields.

Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    I doubt most people would willingly put themselves in that position. If I was to take a guess, I don't think Zimmerman thought it would go the way it did. Or at least if I was in the same situation, I would not think it would have. However, the fact remains that Martin is the one that pushed it to that situation.
    Or Zimmy pushed it in that direction. By stalking him and we have no idea what happened when the two met. You can look at what we all know and make a case for each of them being justified in their actions. But as you said, Zimmerman never thought it would go the way it did. Would he have confronted Martin differently if he did not have a gun? Would he have waited for the police in his car? Did his desire not to let the 'bad guy' get away override his thinking? Sure seemed he was hell bent on cleaning up the neighborhood given the lengths he went to that night.

It all depends on how you approach a person. I was in a favorite watering hole the end of one night and a small woman came to our table asking if she could join us, there was a big woman scaring her. The bigger woman had it in her head that she was going to take the little one home with her. The bar staff could not talk her out of it or get her to leave. They called the cops, the cops said you guys are a bar, deal with your own problems we're busy.

Being annoyed because my glass was empty and the bar was not going to serve anything while people that weren't suppose to be there were (already after hours) I said to the woman, 'You want to go for coffee, let's go for coffee.', and I walked towards the door. I held the door open for her, didn't even make it look like I thought she would not follow me, and acted like a gentleman. Then I held opened the next door (big glass ones) and let her through. I let the door close and then she realized she was outside a locked door and I was inside. She started kicking the door, good thing the glass was thick.

Walked back inside and everybody was looking at me and I was asked how I did that? I just said I thought of what she really wanted, namely company, and I offered it to her. But no way was I going to follow up on it, she was scary even to me.

Now if Zimmy approached Martin questioning him like he thought of him like lowlife scum, how do you think things would go? Now if he said something like he was worried about a single person going through the neighborhood as they had some trouble lately and he mistook Martin as a girl, (sorry about that, no offense it was dark). And as being on the neighborhood watch he just wanted to look out for him rather than spook him. Given that he was a guy and he could probably take care of himself I feel kind of silly now.

Maybe it did go down that way and Martin was low life scum and was looking for someone to beat on. Guess we will never know.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    The aggressor was Martin, period. Zimmerman can be considered a pursuer, but not an aggressor.

And yes, I would support the scrawny black dude, green dude, whatever dude, if he was attacked.
    How do you know who the aggressor was? The only testimony as to who actually started the conflict is Zimmerman's, and he was caught lying several times. No witnesses to the altercation before Zimmerman shot and killed an unarmed person can say who actually started the physical altercation, or if Zimmerman was showing his gun prior to the altercation.

According to Zimmerman, on the 9-1-1 call, he suspected Martin of having a weapon. Does it make any sense at all that Zimmerman would approach a person who Zimmerman believes may have a weapon without Zimmerman having his own weapon at the ready?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

The outcome of this trial is going to backfire on those who believe it helps to protect the 2nd Amendment. What is going to happen now is that a bunch of vigilante wannabes are going to emulate Zimmerman's stalk, provoke and kill approach to Martin and go after all sorts of perceived criminals. After a few of these incidents, there will be more outrage against gun ownership and stand your ground type of laws.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    After a few of these incidents, there will be more outrage against gun ownership and stand your ground type of laws.
    What the CCW folks don't understand is that they should throw their dead weight like Zimmerman under the bus. They'd be more respected across the nation and appear more levelheaded. But they obviously adopt the policy of the NRA, that is never give an inch. Maybe they are just not smart enough to figure that out.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    The outcome of this trial is going to backfire on those who believe it helps to protect the 2nd Amendment. What is going to happen now is that a bunch of vigilante wannabes are going to emulate Zimmerman's stalk, provoke and kill approach to Martin and go after all sorts of perceived criminals. After a few of these incidents, there will be more outrage against gun ownership and stand your ground type of laws.
    It's going to backfire on Obambam and that criminal Eric Holder. This case could mark the beginning of the end of affirmative action. Maybe there will be a lot more resistance in the future to race baiters like Obambam, Eric Holder, Big Al & Rev. JJ who promulgate false charges of racism. Remember, no racism = no affirmative action for blacks = no lock on the black vote. The left will do anything to preserve the status quo of white racism--false white racism that is.

Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    It's going to backfire on Obambam and that criminal Eric Holder. This case could mark the beginning of the end of affirmative action. Maybe there will be a lot more resistance in the future to race baiters like Obambam, Eric Holder, Big Al & Rev. JJ who promulgate false charges of racism. Remember, no racism = no affirmative action for blacks = no lock on the black vote. The left will do anything to preserve the status quo of white racism--false white racism that is.
    Not that it was worth sacrificing a young man who may have turned his life around, as I did, but I hope you are correct. I don't share your optimism.

Numerous scandals are turning up, and this administration seems to be the heart of each one.

Around my area folks are waking up and realizing this bum is not good for the country. Even here at ARP I see a change in thinking.

Hope it goes forward... we will not last long the road we are on now.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

I have a question of what racism is since so many here like to use that buzzword. If a person feels more uncomfortable being followed by a group of Black youths at night than a group of White youths, is that racist? Of course both groups being equal in attire and behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    I have a question of what racism is since so many here like to use that buzzword. If a person feels more uncomfortable being followed by a group of Black youths at night than a group of White youths, is that racist? Of course both groups being equal in appearance and behavior.
    Racism is a socialogical/political tool most often used by leftists to keep a division in the population so that we are more easily controlled. The very term "racism" is a misnomer. There is only one race on planet Earth; the human race. What we keep terming as rascism is actually ethnic differentiation.

There is nothing wrong with, or should be nothing wrong with using ethnicity for profiling physical attributes. If a White male is witnessed committing a crime, it is pretty ridiculous to investigate any persons of color or females for that crime.

In Zimmerman's case, Black youths have been witnessed committing crimes in the neighborhood. For that reason, Zimmerman's profiling of Martin is most certainly justified, and I support Zimmerman's actions all the way to his calling 9-1-1.

It is people like Jackson and Obama who are the real "racists". These are the leftist antagonists who continue to pit Americans against one another based on our ethnicities. It is a common ploy of fascists that is used to divide the masses in order to make it easier to control the masses and not allow for any unity to arise against an oppressive government.

There is no doubt that the U.S. has devolved into having an oppressive government. There is little chance that any American can live their lives completely without breaking some law or another. There are just too many laws for any American to be able to avoid not doing something that some government agency can prosecute us for. This is exactly how fascist governments such as Communist and Dictatorships operate.

Of course both groups being equal in appearance and behavior.
    You really did just fall off the turnip truck didn't you?
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 36789101112131415161718192023 ... LastLast